Tricky Car Seat Situation

tl01

Someone I know needs to try to fit three seats in a mini cooper. Is this even possible? One needs to be a RFing seat and the other two can possibly be boosters. I'm checking to see what the ages and weights are of the booster kids. Wondering if this is even work researching.

ADS

tl01

Yes, I was just checking on that. I think this won't likely work b/c even if one kid was in the front seat.... the seat would be pretty far forward with a RFing seat behind it huh! That wouldn't be ideal anyway huh! If they could get a Corcorro or something like that to put behind the driver... I'm wondering about the kid in the front. Would a Radian be better than booster?

Maedze

Oh I misread...I thought the mom wanted a three across. Hey, we're good but we're not THAT good :whistle:

If you can find out how big/old the two older kids are that would be awesome. The cocorro might work in the mini-cooper, but it's got an odd little back seat, almost a full curve where the angle is in normal seats.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Cooper only has two backseats. You could put one FFing child behind another (oldest harnessed child in front, and depending on the age a Radian may be better than a booster. But if we're talking a ten year old versus a four year old the answer may be different) and then the RFing child behind the driver.

Ideally, though, there'd be a different car. Is that possible?

Wendy

tl01

The Cooper only has two backseats. You could put one FFing child behind another (oldest harnessed child in front, and depending on the age a Radian may be better than a booster. But if we're talking a ten year old versus a four year old the answer may be different) and then the RFing child behind the driver.

Ideally, though, there'd be a different car. Is that possible?

Wendy

I guess this is the nanny's car and it is a stick so the mom can't switch cars as she doesn't know how to drive a stick. If it was my choice... I'd learn to drive the stick:) I love driving stick. Still waiting on the ages and sizes of the kids.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The Truefit fits rfing in a mini with the front seat all the way back or one click forward depending on toddler vs newborn recline.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I guess this is the nanny's car and it is a stick so the mom can't switch cars as she doesn't know how to drive a stick. If it was my choice... I'd learn to drive the stick:) I love driving stick. Still waiting on the ages and sizes of the kids.

It'll be interesting to see how old and heavy they are.

From experience, the Cooper in a stick shift is a LOT of fun. If we weren't having another baby I'd probably be the proud owner of a Cooper S convertible in a stick by now. *sigh*

Wendy

tl01

It'll be interesting to see how old and heavy they are.

From experience, the Cooper in a stick shift is a LOT of fun. If we weren't having another baby I'd probably be the proud owner of a Cooper S convertible in a stick by now. *sigh*

Wendy

Oh yes I know... you are right.. it sure is! My brother and rented one a few years ago for a day to practice driving stick. It was a blast!

tl01

OKay the kids are 1, 3.5 and 5.5. I just asked for height and weight as well to see if we can give an appropriate suggestion though I think right now she is leaning toward getting a new nanny instead.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Oy. As it stands I'd have the 1 year old RFing behind the driver, the 3.5 year old FFing behind the 5.5 year old who would be harnessed and back as far as possible from the airbag.

Wendy

tl01

Oy. As it stands I'd have the 1 year old RFing behind the driver, the 3.5 year old FFing behind the 5.5 year old who would be harnessed and back as far as possible from the airbag.

Wendy

That's exactly what I was thinking. Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC