Harmony Booster Seat

ADS

mommaon112903

It does look VERY nice, Josef of course likes it because it is red :p

I just wish it were LATCHable, since DH's car does not have SI airbags and Josef HAS to be seated outboard. If this were a LATCHable booster the Monterey could be moved to my car and DH could have this one.

I wish the Oobr were not so oobr expensive :(

U

Unregistered

Don't have any idea how it performed in test crashes, but here are my thoughts from checking them out in the store.... All the Evenflo HB boosters look & feel great until you have to raise the seatback. The entire seat back & headrest move up on a thin & wide plastic rail. Several issues - 1. there is NO padding behind the kid when it is raised, 2. It becomes very top heavy & wants to wobble around (worse than the Graco turbo does) (Maybe a tech can weigh in on if this is a safety issue). To me it seemed like it wouldn't be very durable.

Jenifer

The sides expand sorta like a Monterey. Looks a little wider to accomodate a larger kiddo, and a good price point if that is an issue. The web site doesn't give other dimensions that I could find. Would like to check out torso height and inside seat width!

Maedze

Don't have any idea how it performed in test crashes, but here are my thoughts from checking them out in the store.... All the Evenflo HB boosters look & feel great until you have to raise the seatback. The entire seat back & headrest move up on a thin & wide plastic rail. Several issues - 1. there is NO padding behind the kid when it is raised, 2. It becomes very top heavy & wants to wobble around (worse than the Graco turbo does) (Maybe a tech can weigh in on if this is a safety issue). To me it seemed like it wouldn't be very durable.

The Harmony highback is not made by Evenflo :)

christineka

I received some emails from Harmony a while back. I can't recall the specific details. The dreamride booster is short. I believe it accommodates up to an 18 or 19 inch torso in high back. There is no eps foam, but they claim their super thick comfort foam does the job. It has deep head and side wings.

The baby armor booster has more shallow wings, but they are adjustable. It has eps foam and the high back goes higher- 19 or 20 inches.

I'd like to check out the boosters just because they may be good low cost options to recommend to others. (Despite the bad name of the one.)

scatterbunny

Darn, 19-20 inches is only on par with Graco/Evenflo HBBs. :( I was hoping, since the backless fits bigger kids so well, that the highback would also accommodate bigger/taller kids (says the mom driving a 2003 Ford Focus with no rear headrests and a super-tall kiddo).

capeKO71

I have one waiting for me at walmart... I just have to get there to pick it up. When I do, I'll take a bunch of photos. I have a few boosters to compare it too as well (evenflo big kid, britax parkway, fpsv)

Jenifer

Can you measure the seat between the armrests of the Harmony and turbo? Pretty please? Thanks SO much!

Would be nice to have a backless similiar to a Right Fit. That fit fluffy kids well.

capeKO71

oh yeah - I do have the turbo too... Its in my DH's car though - so I won't have my hands on that to do a comparison until tomorrow.

scatterbunny

I'm sure you'll take side-by-side pics of the Harmony next to the other boosters you have on the highest setting, but sometimes that is deceiving, since what really matters is seating area to shoulderbelt guide measurement, and each seat may have a different seating area height (the part the child sits on may be taller or shorter), so side-by-side comparisons without measurements makes it difficult to really tell which seat offers the most height growing room.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC