preemies & Britax Companion

serabi

So I got admitted last night with PTL (terb stopped it, I'm home now) but I'm only 33 weeks pregnant. So depending on what happens in the next few weeks, I could have a smaller baby than I planned.

We have a Britax Companion waiting for him. It fit my 36 weeker OK but barely so I'm nervous about, say, a 34/35 weeker and that seat. Has anyone used the low birthweight foam with a tiny baby? Does it help enough to make it worth the shipping costs? LOL

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I haven't used it, but I've seen it in the Chaperone, and I think it would make a big difference and be well worth the shipping.

pastrygirl

I didn't know you could use it with the Companion, or is this not the same thing as the one that comes with the Chaperone?
It was an extra option for the Companion, that you had to order separately. I was glad to see that they just include it for the Chaperone! (I never saw the original one, so I'm not sure if it's exactly the same or not.)

kate4478

It is different than the chaperone foam. The chaperone foam has cut out notches and the companion does not. My preemie came home in the companion without the foam, b/c i hated the way it fit in there. The straps had to go 2 inches @ the foam and made the straps at the hips very far away. I took some pics of it, I'm not at home right now so I don't have the pics. I'll try to dig up those pics later tonight. But I would not use it with the foam. I even thought about cutting the foam, but was too scared to alter it.
Here are some pics of DS at 1 week old. He was 4 lbs, 10 oz when we brought him home. The straps were above his shoulders, but he has the shortest torso ever. Still at 25 months he's not even at the 2nd slot on the RA.
IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC