So, he's graduated...

Dillipop

I am so sad...

I weighed Dillon late last week with his boots and fleece jacket on. He was 39.2 pounds! :( (He's 3 1/2 and by no means a big child, just average.) This means we had to move things around to get appropriate seats. Here's what we did....

-Moved Graco Cargo from Nana's Accord and replaced with radian from DH's car. (BTW, radian is not a fun seat to try to install in the accord with seatbelt outboard. Took me like 45 minutes to get a good install!)
-Replaced radian in DH's car with the Husky that has been hanging out in the basement.
-Moved marathon from my car to use rearfacing for Gilbey in DH's car and replaced with my new safeguard seat.

We are officially in the over 40 group (at least with boots on!) I can't believe we are already there. When he was born, there was no way I could imagine him growing so quickly.

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I didn't know our boys were so close in age. He was born on the 30th? I'm trying to guess from your ticker. lol AJ was born on the 27th. He's 38.5# w/ all his clothes on. Thankfully he doesn't ride w/ anyone usually but me, but we're close to having to move things around too. Hopefully he can make it till tax time. I guess we'll just take his shoes off if he needs to ride w/ DH. :)

Dillipop

He's actually on the 29th. And we wouldn't have to be worrying if it was summer right now. In just underwear, he weighs 36 pounds, so with flipflops, and light weight clothes, he'd still be under the 40 by a safe amount, I'd guess. It's those stupid, heavy boots that is foiling everything! If we didn't have the high weight options, he wouldn't be wearing boots in the car just to keep him under 40 pounds, KWIM? I just can't believe that if there were no HW seats, he'd have to be in a booster now at 3 1/2...

Dillipop

Yeah, the safeguard is in my car for now. It is now outboard, because I could get a slightly better install there. I might move it to DH's though, since he has latch and it's supposed to be really cool with latch.

scatterbunny

It's a little sad and exciting at the same time, isn't it? :) Hayley was only 4 lbs 7 oz. at birth (but 19.25 inches long), and she hit 40 pounds at about 3 years and 8 months old. She's 52 pounds now, and a smidge over 4 feet tall. I can't believe how fast she's grown.

LuvBug

LMBO I was reading it and reading it and kept missing the safeguard. I remembered you put it in your car when you got it but was confused when I didnt see it in this post. Its because Im blind! lol!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC