sliding parkway headrest

Lucysmom

Hello -

We've had a britax parkway for about a year, man. date of 11.07, but purchased june or july of 08.

About a week ago the headrest wouldn't stay put after being adjusted (or would just drop without warning).

i called britax and they said because they stopped manufacturing it more than a year ago they wouldn't do anything unless i had the receipt saying it was purchased less than a year ago. the seat is registered, so in theory they have the purchase info, which is annoying.

i can't find the receipt to save my life (found a lot of other things tho!) - do you have any suggestions, or am i out of luck?

i've bought five britax carseats over the years, you'd think there'd be some argument for customer loyalty! :)

thanks for any advice -
lucysmom

ADS

NannyMom

I just posted about this a couple weeks ago. My Nov 2007 Parkway is falling too. Some here suggested cleaning it.

I didn't clean it, but I did play with it to find the problem. Sometimes when adjusting the height, the little spring in the back would get stuck, so it couldn't lock into place. I decided as longg as I make sure it's fully locked (grey squeeze piece comes back up), it was fine to use.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I have not been able to get a response about this issue.

There is a "fix" that I found on my own. If you look at the mechanism that locks the headrest into place, you will see that it is a long strip of tabs that pop into grooves. For some reason, the strip seems to lose its spring over time and needs a little help popping into the groove. You can actually adjust the head rest to the spot you want, then push it into the grooves yourself. This will lock it into place, but the problem will happen again the next time you use the release lever. I will try to take some photos in a bit.

Lucysmom

ETA --

foudn the spot to attack with the butter knife! ;) Fixed! (for now at least)

Thanks for the advice, all -

i had read the previous threads and i feel like an idiot, but i can't figure out how to pop the little catches back in, they don't seem to move at all when i squeeze the handle. Pictures, anyone?

Have been digging for the receipt again, argh!! I'm pretty sure we're *just* out of warranty, I may try calling again tomorrow and see if i get a more sympathetic csr.
thanks,
lucysmom

LuvBug

definitely try again, I really think getting the right person makes a difference. Mine was definitely over a year old, but my rep was so very helpful.

ZephyrBlue

Interesting to see that others have had the same problem. I was told that my seat would be replaced w/a new style Parkway, then when I sent a copy of the receipt showing that I bought it on sale, they decided to just refund my purchase price, less the shipping :thumbsdown:

OP, I hear you- I have 14 seats registered with them, you'd think that would count for something, huh? :thumbsdown:

Darren, thanks for the tip, going to try it.

eta- has anyone filled out a nhtsa complaint? dh is thinking that a recall should have been issued?

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC