need travel seats for 2..

thatlingirl

I've read lots of old threads and it seems like I will get a Safety 1st Ave fort my 6 month old..

My 3yo is the hard one. She's the height of your average 4yo it seems -- 40". Not sure on torso height, but she's just outgrown her Boulevard RF by height, so right at/near that 1" range as far as her head goes. In the 33-34lb range.

I'm not sure we'd get enough use out of a Safety 1st Avenue for her? Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Lindsay

ADS

MomToEliEm

The Avenue is a great seat for your youngest, though another option might be to pass down the Boulevard for the baby to use and get another seat for your oldest, such as the Graco Nautilus or the Britax Frontier. If you did want to turn your oldest rearfacing, you could get a radian for your oldest and let her rearface for a little longer until she hits the 40lb rearfacing limit (they just released a statement that all the newer radians had a 40lb limit).

thatlingirl

Hm, think she would fit by height RFing in a radian? That's a very nice thought..

We do have a Wizard (05 manufacturing date) as well as the Boulevard, so the baby does have her own (though I had my older DD in it to get from 33 to 35lbs RFing), but it is just too heavy for travel. I was going to get a Frontier or Nautilus for my older DD but didn't yet now that I see how much room she still has FFing in the Wizard/Boulevard.

thatlingirl

Bumping this up to see if anyone else has any thoughts on lightweight travel seats for my tall 3yo? Too lightweight for the Travel Vest but most seats seem like she'd outgrow in height very soon?

Am I really looking at Radian/Nautilus/Frontier at this point? I guess I might as well lug a boulevard if that is the case, but that would make me sad.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There's also the SafeGuard GO, which might be an excellent option and consider renting a CARES harness for her (or buying one if you fly a whole lot.)

thatlingirl

Yikes, no, not ever a rent-a-wreck type place.

So I guess now I have to decide if I go Radian XT (would this replace Nautilus, Frontier, etc, for her normal 5pt harness "booster" seat in the future? All the info is so overwhelming but I want to make the safest choice... I like the side impact bit..) and take the extra weight for the added everyday value or not.. ?

thatlingirl

Or I guess I could solve the problem temporarily by putting the 3yo in the safety 1st avenue (if she fits height/shoulder wise) and lugging the baby's safeseat infant seat, but I really find that awkward to carry... think I would rather solve the problem in the long term by buying two seats now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC