How hard is it to move your RadianXT headwings?

Pixels

Mine move really easily. Pastrygirl's don't.

Mine won't even stay in position if I try to put it all the way up, or all the way. down. The little bit of pressure from the cover is enough to push them towards the middle of the track by 2-4 notches.

Up until now, DD has been short enough that it didn't matter. Her headwings were all the way up. Now she's a bit taller, and the headwings don't fit right in any position. If I move them up, they overlap the top of her head by just a bit. If I move them down, they're not down quite far enough. I think if I could get them to stay ALL the way up, or ALL the way down, they'd be fine.

Did I get a bad seat, that my headwings don't stay put? Or is Pastrygirl's unusually stiff? I want to call SKJP about it, but don't want to complain if mine's the way they're supposed to be.

ADS

oxeye

Mine are all kind of tough to move and definitely stay where I put them. I would call SKJP.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Mine are somewhere in the middle. The did move up when I tightened Evan's harness though since the headrest was covering the straps. It stays up though, doesn't fall down like you're saying.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Mine are pretty easy to move, but hard enough that they stay in place after I adjust them. It doesn't seem right that they're moving out of position. Send Russ an email.

ZephyrBlue

Both of mine are hard to move. They will stay put once moved, but the Nassau is a bit harder to move than the Malibu.

ks1978

Mine are hard to move, yet they don't stay in position well either. I had them all the way up, but had the same problem, she seems either too big for them all the way up, or too small for them all the way down. If you do call, I would be interested in hearing what they tell you.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Mine are very difficult to move. I am afraid I am going to break the seat when I try to move them.

Blondie87

Mine move really easily. Pastrygirl's don't.

Mine won't even stay in position if I try to put it all the way up, or all the way. down. The little bit of pressure from the cover is enough to push them towards the middle of the track by 2-4 notches.

Mine are like that. They are easy to move and they DO stay in position when I used them for my other kiddos, but for J who needs the very top slot, they always slide down a little bit and cover the slots.

Blondie87

I talked to Russ on the phone and he said that the headrest is supposed to move freely up and down and that it's okay if it covers my straps a little bit. That it's not a safety issue AT ALL.

NannyMom

I talked to Russ on the phone and he said that the headrest is supposed to move freely up and down and that it's okay if it covers my straps a little bit. That it's not a safety issue AT ALL.

that sounds kinda weird to me :confused: But then again, I'm yet to see an XT in person. All I can picture is a headrest like the GN falling :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC