Need help for a friend, quick.

HEVY

Please.
I need a seat for her youngest, 40lbs, 3.9yrs. Something cheap and easy to use. I wanted to get a GN but the prices are way higher now (they went down to like 120 and now up to 170) and need to pick something up at the store. Too stressed to really think right now :eek: So any suggestions I'd appreciate it :)

ADS

Maedze

An Apex would work if there are head rests or high seat backs.

Maybe an Evenflo Triumph Advance?

You can still find Nautiluses at molewart for 150.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
How tall?

Nautilus (clearanced at Target for $120).
EFTA
50# Alpha Omega Elite (at my Costco for $97, maybe call yours if you're a member)

amyd

The Bravo Nauti is $143 at Walmart. (online anyway). The Apex is $128. It's a bit cheaper if the vehicle has headrests in the backseat.

HEVY

Hmmm, an Apex may work, he's really short. She works at Walmart so should be able to get her 10% discount. Let me check this out. Thanks

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
How much were you planning on getting for the Regent? If it's preadvisory it's over 2 years old now.

It's unlikely that even a "very short" 3.9yo will fit in a Titan by height.

NannyMom

The Titan has 14-15 inch top slots. She'd have to have a pretty short torso to still fit at 3.9yrs.

HEVY

The Regent DOM is 1/08. The seat says up to 47 inches :confused: If her DS is over 3 feet I would be seriously shocked.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The Regent DOM is 1/08. The seat says up to 47 inches :confused: If her DS is over 3 feet I would be seriously shocked.

Hevy, you've been around long enough to know that the stated height limits are often quite optimistic. The Titan has short straps. It might fit a 36" child, but probably not for very long.

NannyMom

Hevy, you've been around long enough to know that the stated height limits are often quite optimistic. The Titan has short straps. It might fit a 36" child, but probably not for very long.

How high is the Apex's harness?

My friend's 2 year old is shorter than Sofi (and Sofi is/was 34 inches). She's too tall for the Titan in her Mom's car, but still has growing room in My Titan in my car. I know when J was 5 he was 46 pounds, 46 inches. No way he'd fit in the Titan, and I think he's average torso.

The Apex has 17ish inch top slots.

HEVY

His torso measured 14 1/2 but that could be off 1/2 an inch here or there cause he was being fussy. GN seems the best for everything, including price.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC