Will anything but a Frontier or an RNXT

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
work for a 31# 2yo (FFing, not my choice, I've said my piece already) and a 51# 7yo (I'm saying 51# because I wouldn't feel comfortable with her in a 50# EFTA) without uninstalling or rethreading straps every time? It's not my car: I'd be willing to mess with seats but the other parent is uncomfortable doing so. 7yo can be harnessed or boostered -- she prefers booster and I'm okay with it, but right now I'm a mean mama and her preference is the least of my concerns.

Frontiers and XTs are $$$ but I can't think of anything else.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I'm not super familiar with the Radian XT's height adjustment, but wouldn't the XT be more easily adjusted heightwise for going back and forth between the two kids using it, assuming the 7 year old is within the height guidelines to use it? The Frontier would need to be at least partially uninstalled and/or the vehicle seat reclined if it reclines in order to access the plastic flap/handle behind the Frontier that you'd need to release in order to raise or lower the shoulder harness setting. :twocents:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The 7yo fits. And I agree that the RNXT might be easier, but I just can't afford either of those for two weeks of carpooling, you know?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
If you knew for certain that the 7 year old would fit a Safeguard Go's harness and the car had a top tether anchor, that could be a less spendy alternative if you could snag one of those on closeout/clearance. :twocents:

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
The XT needs to be rethreaded, just like the 65 and 80 - the only thing that slides up and down are the wings.

I agree that the GO is likely the best option.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Car does not have a tether, otherwise I'd go GO -- daughter would fit in a new one, not an old one.

She fits in the Truefit sometimes -- it depends on what vehicle it's in. Since she's SO close to outgrowing it, I can't justify the purchase.

Since budget is an issue, I think I'll probably go with the Nauti, since I already own it. It's an easy enough seatbelt install that I think the other mother can deal with it, and I'll just let my daughter sit on the harness when it's boostered. This is not my first choice, but it's oodles better than the other choices we seem to have that are available and affordable.

Austins-mama

the only other seat I can think of that EH that doesn't need rethreading is the Safeguard Child Seat - and thats if you can even find one plus those are $$$ and the narrow seat might not a appeal to a 7 year old.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
the only other seat I can think of that EH that doesn't need rethreading is the Safeguard Child Seat - and thats if you can even find one plus those are $$$ and the narrow seat might not a appeal to a 7 year old.

Yeah, too bad you don't live closer, chickabiddy, or I'd loan you one of mine. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC