15 month old in a KF22

hsjwmom

I took these pics a month and a half ago and never got around to posting them. :eek: She was a bit over 15 months and weighed about 20lbs. I put her in it today and she would finally be in the top slots, but would still have at least an inch of shell above her head. I'm not sure on her weight now, but she doesn't gain very fast. I'm pretty sure she is still under 22lbs. I tried to get pics, but she wouldn't stay still. :rolleyes:

(She is still using the bottom slots in the RA!)

DSC01774.jpg

DSC01773.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh cute! And you're so lucky you could have used it so long :) (A couple came in to BRU last night wanting to buy a spare base for theirs last night, and all I could see over the counter were chubby baby feet at the edge of the seat and I asked them how much their kid weighed? They said about 21 pounds at 5 months, but they thought their seat went to 30, which I told them it doesn't, and helped the picked out a light convertible for them to have as a spare for $30 less than they would have spent on a base that would have lasted them 2 weeks :D)

skaterbabs

My younger niece was tiny like that; she fit in her 20 lb infant seat until 18 months. Even now she's nine and Joy weighs as much as S. does!

hsjwmom

It's funny, we saw a couple of friends' babies tonight. They were both bigger than dd, who will be 17 months on Friday. One was 10 months, the other not quite 12 months. :eek: They are both big for their ages, but still! My older two are pretty average, but dd3 is such a bitty thing!

Cryssy Jane

omg she is SOOOOO cute! I have a similar picture i'm about to post of Odin (17 months in the KF30) had no idea he could still fit, has about an inch and a half of shell above his head.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC