Would your child fit in the radian rear-facing by height?...

Does your child fit?

• My child is under 3 and fits

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • My child is under 3 and does not fit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My child is between 3 and 4 and fits

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • My child is between 3 and 4 and does not fit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My child is between 4 and 5 and fits

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • My child is between 4 and 5 and does not fit

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • My child is between 5 and 6 and fits

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • My child is between 5 and 6 and does not fit

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • My child is between 6 and 7 and fits

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • My child is between 6 and 7 and does not fit

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

emandbri

I did one of these for the my ride now it is the radians' turn. The poll is for BY HEIGHT only. If they are over the weight limit go ahead and still answer. I'm quite curious since Russ says there is a possibility of them upping the rear-facing weight even more.

ADS

Mama Jo

I don't know for sure, but after looking at the other thread, I plan to try my almost 6 year old in it tomorrow!

katieinqc

My kids are huge. My 21-month-old son has apparently 3-4" before outgrowing it RF. My recently-turned 4-year-old daughter is over (and I double checked again after Maedze showed me I had measured my son an with inch or two less than there actually was). It is currently my daughter's seat and FF she is just a hair under the top slots, with a little more room over the top of her ears.

April

I voted for numbers 1 & 3.

Riley will be 3 at the end of August and he fits by height (but is over 40lbs, for the record)

Rayn is 92% for height, will be 4 years old in 12 days, and fits by height and weight

christineka

Should have read the post before voting. My 6 year old would fit by height as well as my 4 yo and younger kids. I have the kids with the super short torsos.

dulcita77

DD is 2 weeks shy of 5 years old and I'm pretty sure she'd fit. I had her sit RF in a TF and she had SEVERAL inches to go above her head.
(43 inches, 43 lbs, 15 inch torso).

Melizerd

I have no idea I've never seen one in person. I think he would though. He's 40 or 41 inches tall with a pretty long torso.

AtTheSouthDam

Ciara is barely 3 and 37.5" and fits with tons of room.

Bethany is 5y 9m, 48-49" and is an inch over the back so she does not fit. But then he would have to raise the RF weight limit quite a bit to cover her. It would put the Swedish seat to shame :D

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
AJ wouldn't fit, he's 6. Ilana would fit and I'm thinking Evan would barely fit. I'll check it in a little while when we go out.

mommaon112903

Josef would fit most likely as he had TONS of shell left over his head in the TF. Now kinda wishing he would not have gained all that weight back :p I am happy he is up to 40lbs clothed, but only a few months ago he was 35lbs fully clothed.

Hubby even told me I could buy an SKR IF the RF limit was 45lbs instead of 40lbs after seeing/hearing how much Josef enjoyed his Regent RFing. Josef would :love: to RF and can't understand why I didn't keep his Regent "backwards" :(

Cryssy Jane

My three major daycare kids (ages 5,3,and 17 months) all fit RF based on height and weight. The 5 has about 2-3 inches over her head, the 3 and 17 month old have the same torsos and have close to 6 inches above their heads.

kangato2roos

My 3 year old would definitely fit. He has oodles of growing room in his Marathon, so he'd have plenty more in the Radian.

Not having one or a friend with one to test out, I don't know for sure, but I'm going to guess (based on height alone) that my 8 year old might even fit rear-facing. She's over the weight limit, but she's very short and doesn't have a very long torso, so she'd probably fit by height alone.

LEAW

Lauren is 4.5 and has a smidge of room by height and a smidge of room by weight. I'm *this close* to buying a new one for her. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC