Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

I'm getting the Inglesina Twin Swift

After reading reviews and what-not, I think I've decided on the Inglesina Twin Swift for my boys. Their great-grandparents gave them some Christmas money and I decided that instead of getting them a bunch of toys they'll probably never play with, I would get them a double stroller they will actually use. I made sure it was okay with my grandparents and of course they said that was fine...so double stroller it is...finally!

I decided I want a side-by-side so that both boys will have a good view and plenty of leg room...no fighting over who gets the front...plus the side-by-sides tend to fold more compactly, from what I've read. I've seen all good reviews of the Inglesina Twin Swift and I really like the look of it, so I think I'm going to go for it!

This is the one I think I'm going to get:

http://www.specialtybaby.com/in20swdostin.html

I really like the strollers with the bar that goes across the front of the seats, but the Inglesina has great reviews, is the most narrow I've found, and is in our price range...so I think it'll be a great choice for us!

Albee Baby has them for $179, no tax and no shipping, so $179 will be the total cost, not too bad!
    Mom to P (9), J (almost 8), & E (2.5)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: I'm getting the Inglesina Twin Swift

that's a great deal! Congrats!
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Thanks! I've been wanting a double stroller for quite a while now and just haven't been able to get it for one reason or another...so I'm excited to finally be getting it!

I'm sure I won't be able to resist posting some pictures of them in it once it gets here!

Senior Community Member

Congratulations!!! It looks like a really nice one, I used to have an Inglesina Espresso (single obviously) and it was great! DD just got to be too big (weight-wise). They make nice strollers- Enjoy- and I think the boys will love it!

I ordered it today! It should be here soon, I'll definitely let you all know how I like it!

Senior Community Member sirrahn's Avatar

I think you'll be pleased.

Do be warned, that unless they've changed in the last couple of years, it's pretty stiff to unfold at first. Once I figured out to push with my foot on the very top of the brackets in back rather than try to use the little peg in the middle (hopefully that will make sense when you get yours;-) I had no more trouble with it.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind when it gets here!

Senior Community Member BABYGIRLLYNDSEY's Avatar

Hi, I have a Inglesina Trip as a spare single stroller. Let us know how you like the Swift double stroller. I have the front to back Transit Tandem so I'd like to know what you think of the side by side type, fitting through doors etc. Thanks!
    Mom to four ages 25, 23, 18 & 11. Busia to my new grandson.

I will definitely let you know what I think of it! I'm sure I'll have to take a trip out somewhere so we can try it out when it gets here, lol!

I got my Twin Swift today and so far I am loving it! I just unfolded it, put the canopies on, folded it, and took it out to see if it fit in my tiny trunk (and it does very well). The boys are napping right now, but I'm putting their butts in it when they wake up, lol! If it's warm enough (it's not *too* cold out today), I might take them for a walk! If it's not, we're going to have to take a trip to Wal-Mart later, lol! I'll let you all know what I think when I really get to use it and I'll have to add some pictures, I'm sure!

Are your canopies popping off when you fold? That's the one thing I really dislike about ours (except the lack of napper bar, but we didn't buy it so we didn't get a say). It cannot be folded without the canopies both popping off. Extremely annoying. I've never had another stroller, umbrella style or otherwise, do that. Our main (and beloved) stroller is a Zooper Z-Street, and no problems with the canopy popping off when folding. Maybe we just have a bum stroller!

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    Are your canopies popping off when you fold? That's the one thing I really dislike about ours (except the lack of napper bar, but we didn't buy it so we didn't get a say). It cannot be folded without the canopies both popping off. Extremely annoying. I've never had another stroller, umbrella style or otherwise, do that. Our main (and beloved) stroller is a Zooper Z-Street, and no problems with the canopy popping off when folding. Maybe we just have a bum stroller!
    Evidently, the canopies popping off isn't just your stroller...

http://strollers.baby-gaga.com/ingle...ft/review.html
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

One side popped off, but the other 2 parts that hold it on stayed...so it wasn't too bad. It's REALLY stiff to unfold right now, but it's do-able. It was pretty easy to fold though...I'm going to make a new post with some pictures...so I'll stop there, lol!