The radian 40 lbs rear-facing limit poll.....

Those that have a radian that goes to 40 lbs.

• I already had one and I'm using rear-facing for a child under 35 lbs

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • I already had one and I'm using it for a rear-facing child over 35 bs.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • I already had one but it is currently being used forward facing.

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • I bought one since they were recertified and I'm currently using it for a child under 35 lbs.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • I bought one and I'm currently using it for a child over 35 lbs.

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • I bought and I'm currently using it forward facing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have one but I might buy one now.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • clicky box

Votes: 13 17.1%

• Total voters

emandbri

I'm so very curious to see just how many people we here with them ones that go to 40 lbs! :D

I bought one and it is being used by Elizabeth who is 34-36 lbs depending on the day. She was 35.2 today! lol

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I don't have one (one reason being that it only went to 30# in Canada last year when I needed a convertible) and won't be getting one unless they get the seat certified to 40# in Canada, PDQ!

oxeye

I selected multiple options. I already had three XTs to do a 3-across in DH's car. DD1 and DD2 were both FF. DD2 is 34 pounds so could have been RF still but I didn't want to weigh her obsessively so I turned her. She was FF in a 33lb BV in my car.

I turned DD2 back RF in both cars. I had to use DS's XT from DH's car in my car. So DS is without a seat in DH's car. I will buy another Radian next month to replace it.

So I kept one FF who could go RF in a seat we already own (DD1), turned DD2 RF in two seats we already owned, and will buy another shortly for a child under 35 pounds (DS).

:)

NannyMom

We had one. And will be keeping it especially since it RFs to 40 pounds (I'd previously suggested she buy a MR).

I'm still considering getting one for my van. But..... I'd have to sell other seats first.

urchin_grey

We didn't already have one, but we were about to get one anyway right before they upped the limit. So we're definitely going to get one now. It will be for my 23mo nephew who is 30lbs and (at last measurement) 33in. I think he's grown recently though because he's getting close to outgrowing the Scenera.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Ds is 38 pounds, and I already have an XT, and I turned him back rear facing *that day*, he LOVES it!

katieinqc

I really wish my current Radian was made 2 months later :( but since it wasn't I'm trying to decide between a new Radian and the Complete Air for my big little guy who is 34 pounds at 21 months.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Clicky box-- I had one and was using it for a child under 35 but just as soon as I get everyone weighed and the covers cleaned, they're going back in the car and one or another of the girls over 35 will use it RF.

katiesmommy

I have one, but will not be turning it around, even though Katy is generally about 33lbs. I decided to turn her for good a couple months ago, and about 2 weeks ago got her her beast she had been begging for. She's riding forward facing in her very pink Regent and is happy as a clam.

I have one, but it is an 07 I believe, so can't RF to 40 pounds.

I may be getting one next week from a member here, but it has a 8/08 manufacture date so I can't rearface with it. Which I am ok with.

I may be getting an XT or radian65, but one that I can RF to 40 pounds with by the fall.

Pixels

I have two (a 65 and an XT), both are new enough to RF to 40. It'll probably be a few years before I have a 35-40 pound child to put into it, though.

AtTheSouthDam

I have an XT and I am using it to RF in DD2 in other people's cars. Of course, with it going to 40# and the collapsed parking structure I am really wishing it worked better in my van. Fortuantely, it will be a few (or many) years until she hits 40# and there may be a viable option for my van if I need it :)

Cryssy Jane

I have an older 65, that's rf for the 17 month old (26-28lbs), then a 80 that barely makes the cut (09/08) that i've had for maybe two months RF for the 3 year old (26-28lbs), and just ordered an XT that's backordered for Em who's 5 and wants to sit like the babies (34-36lbs). When Em grows out of the XT RF, it'll probably get switched to the baby and she'll ride FF in the 65, even though the headwings are for ff...

skylinphoto

I just bought one and it's on it's way to me. lol.
It's for my 3 yr old and I know he'll fit. He's small. And I definately know my dd would fit if needed...but, she's 16 months old and only 17.5 lbs..and averagish height. hehe.

I can't wait to get it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC