Radian purchasing advice needed

4boysmom

We have a 2000 quest and currently 4 kiddos riding in it with another on the way. I am pretty sure we aren't going to be able to do 3 across in it so we are looking at getting another vehicle. However I am pretty sure we will still need to get a few new seats as what we have now is 1 regent 2 nauti 2 EFTA's and a flex loc oh and a compass b510. I am thinking we will get 2 radians but I am not sure which ones... my youngest two right now are 4.75 yo 38 pounder and 2.75 36 pounder, and then another babe due in Dec.

I see two scenerios-
both these kiddos use the seats when baby is born (probably 1 rfing and 1 ffing) and baby uses either the flex loc or the EFTA for a while

or baby uses a radian at birth as well as probably the younger guy rfing until he outgrows that, (so potentially 2 rfing for a bit but at least 1 long term) then 5 yo uses EFTA or Nauti depending on what ends up fitting in the vehicle.

So I am thinking the xt for forward facer and 65 for rearfacer, thinking one of each since baby will be rearfacing for a good long while so wouldn't 'need" the XTness, while rfing... but then if baby ends up using EFTA he could use that for a good long while and in that case should I buy assuming primarily ffing but being used a a little while with my then 3 yo rearfacing (so 2 xt's), and at some point rearfacing for the baby?

Hope this makes sense PG brain is probably either making a mountain out of a molehill or not seeing the blatently obvious answer to my question :) So 1 or 2 xt's?

Thanka :)

ADS

4boysmom

Any opinions? I have one of each in my hip monkey cart right now but with dh being laid off I have having a hard time pressing the buy button no matter what I get.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC