Question Rear facing in small car

switchfoot52

I currently have a 93 pontiac grand am. Sunshine Radian fits rear facing but barely. Is britax marathon smaller? I was thinking of buying of buying a newer pontiac-sunfire, grand am, grand prix or chevy-cavalier, malibu. What would fit? I would like a britax, maybe the graco my ride 65? anything else? thanks

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Everything else would fit. The Radian takes up about as much room front to back as a seat can.

I'd look at the True Fit and My Ride before the Marathon. How old is your Radian? If it's made after 9/08 is now has a 40 pound rear facing limit and a very tall shell and I wouldn't change a thing.

Wendy

BeachMama86

Yup, like Wendy said, the radian takes up probably the most room RFing (front to back). Most seats will take up less room, so you're pretty free to choose any seat.

And, I wouldn't waste my money on a Marathon either. It may be just my opinion - but there are SO many seats out there better than Britax that also cost a LOT less.

switchfoot52

Everything else would fit. The Radian takes up about as much room front to back as a seat can.

I'd look at the True Fit and My Ride before the Marathon. How old is your Radian? If it's made after 9/08 is now has a 40 pound rear facing limit and a very tall shell and I wouldn't change a thing.

Wendy

I think our radian is january or february of 08. Thats why we bought a Cosco Scenero for the day care and my 4 1/2 yr old uses the Radian instead of the day care kids.

switchfoot52

I wouldn't get a Pontiac Sunfire/Chevy Cavalier. Check out the safety ratings on it.

Someone in your family work for GM or something?

Ford means found on road dead and i'm constantly hearing about mechanical problems with dodge, chryster, and ford. i like small cars from gm and safe car seats.

natysr

Ford means found on road dead and i'm constantly hearing about mechanical problems with dodge, chryster, and ford. i like small cars from gm and safe car seats.

Oh there are all sorts of FORD acronyms out there...and they were well deserved in the 80s. :duck:

But really, they have gotten much better. There was a recent study done and it was found that in general American cars did not have that many more mechanical problems then foriegn cars.

That being said, I do own 2 japanese cars. :eek:

Hey, have you heard my Harley joke????

90% of all Harleys made are still on the road today.

The rest of them made it home safely. :p

lovinwaves

Switchfoot, we do have a car safety forum here as well if you need some help or advice picking out a "new" car. :) Feel free to use our resources LOL.

Haha, my dad refers to Ford as Fix Or Repair Daily after our Aerostar gave us fits.

However, it's better to break down than to be dead. GM has some SCARY cars safety wise.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC