Sharing knowledge!! (love it when people listen!)

2BunniesMommy

My nephew's girlfriend called me today to ask about expired seats. It was a few hours after she called and I missed it before she was near a phone again and I got to find out what was up. I was a bit worried. She is pregnant and due in Nov.

Turns out someone else that she knows that is pregnant and she were talking about car seats and she said to the other girl "you know car seats expire right?" and she didn't so she had her check them and one expired in Dec last year and she told her not to use it. The other was a BT EZ Loc and she couldn't find an expiration date on it and was hoping I could help. It had the circles on it and a date of delivery, but not a DOM or expiration she could find. I told her that since the date of delivery was 07, even though they couldn't find the otherdays, it was not expired.

I am so proud. She knows I am anal about my kids in car seats. Her first getting to know me was making my nephew watch a video about rear facing vs forward facing when his daughter was 10 mo old and her mom already had the ffing. Then my nephew and I spent 45 min trying to get his daughter's Touriva installed rfing with a locking clip. So she, I'm sure, wasn't sure what to expect from me.

Now I know she is listening and passing on good info! I love it. I even feel good about selling them my SS1 because I feel it will be used correctly and taken care of.i

Oh yeah, one of my other nephews was here yesterday and I was asking him about his 6 mo old daughter and one thing I was asking him about was her car seat. I asked him how long she needs to stay rfing. His answer, The whole ride. Other nephew's girlfriend's answer Until Aunt Tori says it ok for her to ride ffing! I also know she understands the reasons for ERFing and that she will spread the word on that too!!!

Just had to share!!!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC