Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

marker227

Question Racing Seats for Crown Vic?

Hi there,

I'm looking for a pair of racing seats for a Crown Vic I am going to be buying. Does anyone have any ideas? I don't want to spend THAT much.

I was thinking of getting a pair of the seats my dad has in his Honda Civic Si Hatchback, but I don't know what kind they are or how much they cost.

Any help would be grately appreciated!

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Racing Seats for Crown Vic?

I moved your post from the Car Seats forum, which is really about children's car seat restraint systems. I'm not sure the audience here will have an answer for you, but it might do better in this forum. I'm thinking one of the Ford performance forums would be a better bet. Good luck!

marker227

Thank you very much .

If you want to go for cheap, you could try the bucket seats out of a ford 1/2 ton of the mid 90's era. You should be able to get a set from the auto wreckers. My dad has these in his half to and they are fairly comfortable. The draw back with them is the headrest is not adjustable, and the top digs into the back of my neck (I'm around 5'10"), so they aren't good for taller people. My mom has a crown vic, and I get back pains if I drive it for more than 1/2 an hour, so it's a good move to change the seats!

marker227

I'm 5' 10" also.

I was thinking these seats would be nice because my father has ones similar to this.

http://www.shophyperformance.com/sto...ml?id=kyuebbMq

Carseat Crazy

Don't know where you are but Canadian Tire had racing seats advertised just this last week.

Here's the online version of the flyer: http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...=1165361247708 Keep in mind the price is Canadian.

Funny, the only reason I noticed is because they have a 4 point harness not a five point.

HTH

marker227

Hi again!

I'm from USA - Est.

I'm sorta having problems now with deciding on the car I want. I do love the Crown Vic, but there are other cars out there that look really nice (sporty).

I'm 17 and my budget is up to around 8k.

I think the Crown Vic would be fine for me at this age (I love police), but I want something that would fit my age in style and performance. I'd like to go with an automatic transmission. It would be around the year 2000-2006. Mileage under 90k.

Do you have any idea(s) on a car that could fit me?

Thank you!

marker227

Okay, I've changed my mind again. I like the Pontiac Grand Am.

Lets get back to seats....

My brother told me that the seats in my dads civic do get uncomfortable after long hours in the car. Hmmmm.

cantech - Do you have an AIM address or something similar?

Thanks!

Carseat Crazy

marker227,

I don't even know what an AIM is. I really don't have much advice to offer on your topic. I'm a minivan driving, carseat freak, mom to 3 girls and unless it's a safety feature on a new minivan I pretty well useless! LOL I just happened to have seen the racing seats in the flyer and thought I pass it on.

Hope you find what you're looking for! Good luck

Belinda

Senior Community Member

Marker227, I think you might be making a mistake about what this site is about. It's not about all car seats, despite the name. It's focused specifically on child safety seats. You'll probably have better luck with your question on some other message board. Good luck finding the seats you want!