Question SafeGuard Go Hybrid Booster

U

Unregistered

Hi! I'd like to know how you guys like the SafeGuard Go Hybrid Booster in comparison to other boosters. It says that harnesses a child up to 60Lbs but I haven't found info on maxium height.

Thanks!

ADS

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
The Go is a great seat, nice tall top harness slots. But, I would say most would only use it as a travel seat because it does not have an actual shell so lacks side impact protection. In addition, for not much more, you can get a seat like the Graco Nautilus that has taller top harness slots so will last longer harnessed. Plus, the Nautilus converts to a high back booster and then a backless booster. The Go only converts to a backless. Great travel seat but not what I would choose as a full time seat.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Actually I think the Nautilus costs less than the Go. But otherwise I agree on all counts. It's a nice seat for travel or occasional use, but it's not FAA approved, it requires a tether to use the harness, it's not necessarily the easiest seat to install if you don't have LATCH, and it won't last as long as other seats. Plus you'd need to buy a high back booster when done with the harness, then you could go back to it if it isn't expired as a no back booster.

Wendy

sopapia

i have one and it's in my kid's sitter's car. it works fine for occasional use. i bought it before nautilus was out. but wendy is right... if you don't have LATCH and top tether, it's useless.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I got mine for $120, less than the Nautilus usually is. I like it okay. I used it today because my usual seats are out being cleaned. It takes up quite a bit of space compared to my Radians, but that's not an issue if you only have one. More of an issue are the installation without LATCH (blech!), requiring a top tether in any car it's used in, not having a shell (makes me a bit nervous if not using it for occasional use), being outgrown when there is no vehicle head support rather than when shell is outgrown (since it doesn't have one!), meaning that in many cars it would HAVE to be outboard even if you could manage to get it in the center even if you don't have LATCH in the center... There's just a lot of issues that mean I wouldn't like it for everyday use. Also it doesn't become a high-backed booster, only backless, and I don't think my kids would be ready for a backless when it's outgrown with the harness. I don't think that it will get them anywhere near 60 lbs., it will be outgrown by height long before that.

That said, there are things I like about it. It's pretty lightweight; my oldest daughter loved riding in it (although my 3 year old didn't seem to like it much; I think she was put off by the lack of shell, she's used to and comfortable with her seat.) I have the red and the color is gorgeous. Overall, for the price I got it for, not a bad seat at all, and I think it's very cool. It's fun to play with and would be a great travel seat (for families with one or even 2 kids.) But, for everyday use? Wouldn't do it. Not unless I had LATCH and a headrest (or very tall seat back) in the center and could use it there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC