Anyone seen the Avon catalog?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm not usually one to be super shocked by things, but Raelynn brought over her Avon catalog earlier today to show me this and I'm in disbelief that someone actually thinks this is a good idea - and I hope to high heaven that a bunch of people aren't buying this thing. Think Britax would be interested in knowing their seat is being used for this advertising?

23gz915.jpg

Notice that there's only 1 set of strap slots in the cover. Aside from the whole after market cover thing, only one set of slots is what really gets me. :thumbsdown:

ADS

ajanes

Wowza! That's a big :thumbsdown: I had to tell another mom that she had her son in a seat all wrong. Had, is I couldn't restrain myself. Aftermarket cover (it was cute too), straps waaaaay too loose, and he had the belly clip going on. At least she was receptive. She said she could never figure out how to get the strap tighter. Once I showed her how to fix that, he was lots better. Though, still had the aftermarket cover. Not too mention that cover is ugly. At least IMO!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

amyd

I definitely think Britax would be interested in knowing their seat is being used for advertising that:eek: I'd email them the picture:whistle:

2BunniesMommy

Other than the head, that is really cute. I can just see it selling like hotcakes.:eek:

I have noticed Britax seats used for a number of after market products, first one that comes to mind is the Munchkin seat mat thing. I am thinking there was at least one other aftermarket product I saw last time I was at Walmart that was clearly a Britax in the picture. I wonder if they do care?

menfusse

Is there a way to contact Avon directly and tell them this is a big no-no and why? Avon is extremely popular in many areas, this being one of them. I know I'm going to be seeing this cover around here.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I have nightmarish images of this being put on the seat of a kid who is 3 mos old and the straps ending up being pulled 4" above their shoulders due to there only being one set of holes in the cover... then the parent doesn't tighten the harness enough because it pulls the cover funny. Perfect recipe for ejection. :thumbsdown:

ZanesMom

My MIL sells AVON and mention this last weekend and that she almost bought one for DS, but didn't because I had just got a CowMoo cover off of Swap. That was a close one since MIL doesn't understand Anything about carseat saftey. :(

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
OMG i want one. Ok, so I wouldn't really use it on a carseat, but it's so fricken cool, and if I didn't know better, I would buy one and totally use it.

And OMG - I NEED the dora head though...and if I don't attach it to the straps, it's just a really cool pillow.

*sigh*
I should call up my sister and gramma and make sure they havent already purchased them.

AtTheSouthDam

I saw this thing in USE and bit my tongue since they were driving and my mother doesn't care, but I couldn't believe it. How do they think it is safe? Then again, the car seat also wasn't installed judging from the way it leaned into the passenger as they turned....

mum2two

Someone should call AVON and ask them if the cover is flame retardant/point out that without multiple harness slots it's very unsafe...I bet they might be receptive to pulling the product if they thought children were at risk (AVON just seems like a company that might care)

Austins-mama

The pillow and blanket cute - the cover not so much.

oh just wait i can hear it now - "if its not safe then why do they sell them"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC