My Radian

Calleiah

So I've had my Radian 1 month and 2 days. Im totally thrilled about the new change to weight but just barely caught the change (DOM is 9/08). I have a few issues with it though and need some advice. Keep in mind this seat has only actually been used in my truck for about 3 full weeks. On one of the strap covers, there is a small round hole where there is no fluffy stuff, about the size of a peppercorn. On my latch connector , a black piece of plastic broke off. Have no idea if it effects anything. The gray release buttons for my latch strap and the TA have taken that weathered marbled look that they usually get... after a few years. And yesterday when I uninstalled it, one of the rubber feet came right off. Guess Im just surprised that Im having these kinds of issues after 3 weeks of minor use. Im pretty sure Im calling SK on Monday, but what do you think they'll say about those issues? Am I over reacting? I've never had a seat fall apart this quickly! :(

ADS

xxluckychicxx

I love LOVE my Radians too, but mine have also seemed to fall apart pretty quickly. Almost all of the stickers have melted off, DS's Rio cover has frayed and fuzzed to high heaven, and I just noticed yesterday that DD's Malibu cover is sun faded like no other :mad:

I'd call and see what they say.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, that's a drag :( My 1/06 Radian is still basically pristine...all labels are fine, nothing broken off, cover in great condition. Wonder if they have done something to cheapen production?

bubbaray

ITA with Julie. My early Cdn RNs (with the 48lb FFg limits, not sure what the DOMs are) are pristine. DH wants me to sell them (they are our spares now), but I think they are great seats and don't want to. Mine are in like new condition after 2.5 yrs of daily use.

emandbri

Wow, that is a lot of stuff going wrong! Crazy!

Mine are in pretty good shape. My rear-facing warning label came of but the cover was used when I bought it so I don't know how old it is. I'm not all that concerned I don't think I'll be selling that cover anyway.

The rear-facing sticker is totally coming off on the seat I bought YESTERDAY but I worked really hard to get the seat in.

Misty-Bug

what did they say? I have had no problems with mine. The RFing belt path sticker is off but that is because I was working really hard to get it installed when I first got it. It was a pain and because I was just learning the seat.

the hole is probably from the plastic piece they use to attach the tags on to the seat?

My label at the back on the cover came off pretty darn quick but I think it has to do with the type of material they print the warning on. I just didn't bother with it though because I will be the owner of them. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC