Question Foam piece popped off of BT Flex-Loc. Fix or replace?

cstrain

I have a 1.5 year old Baby Trend Flex-Loc seat. I used it with my last DD, lent it out to a friend to use with her son, and just got it back for my new baby who is due 8/2.

I washed the cover and when I went to put it back on, the lower piece of the foam headrest popped right off. The glue let go, the foam is not ripped or damaged in any way.

My husband thinks we should just glue the piece back on. Is that safe? obviously it wasn't glued on very well to begin with...

100_4365.JPG

100_4364.JPG

If I do have to replace it, I'm torn on what to get. I love this seat because of how easily the height adjusts, no rethreading or anything. But it was difficult to install the base properly in the middle 2nd row seat of our Sienna, and I don't like that the handle has to be pushed back. I am 37 weeks today so I need to decide fast, this kid could feasibly come soon...

ADS

Calleiah

Give BT a call and ask them just to be safe, but I'd say just glue that sucker back on. Foam isnt broken, seat isnt compromised, looks like the glue just gave out due to heat. I'd be perfectly fine gluing mine back into place (I have one too and love it).

HTH!

monstah

As long as you are certain that your friend never washed the harness, I would just call Baby Trend to see what they say (to find out what the best glue to use is.) I would glue it back on myself but be careful what you use. I'd be worried the wrong glue would break down the properties of.... something.

cstrain

As long as you are certain that your friend never washed the harness, I would just call Baby Trend to see what they say (to find out what the best glue to use is.) I would glue it back on myself but be careful what you use. I'd be worried the wrong glue would break down the properties of.... something.

the harness meaning, just the strap, or the harness meaning the buckle part? are you not supposed to wash the strap? I just washed the shoulder strap with the cover (took off the chest clip and puzzle buckle pieces)...

andre149

Sorry... but if you washed the straps it's got to be replaced :( You can probably just buy a new harness from BT if you want to go that route though.

cstrain

yeah, I already went out and bought a new one. I guess it was good that the foam popped off, because if I hadn't been researching that I wouldn't have found out about the strap washing!

I went ahead and bought another BT flex-loc, at least now we have two bases.

thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC