We got our first Britax. I love it.Pic attached

BudgieStew

We received our Britax Marathon on Friday(Ordered Saturday and Shipped Wednesday from the Safety Superstore in Toronto) in the middle of the first winter storm of the year in our area...so had to wait until yesterday to install.

It is so pretty and soft and solid so much more solid and hefty then our E/B 3-1 or Cosco. Everything felt like high quality products and not cheap and flimsy.

The instructions were super simple compared to all the manuals with our other car seats.It had a DOM of October so about a month old...which I am happy about.
It installed like a dream. I still have some questions regarding placement of the Versa-Tether but will post them in the right forum soon.

Here is a picture of DD enjoying her new seat. DS thought it was pretty neat as well and I am looking forward to replacing his seat soon with a Radian.

December2006.jpg
[/IMG]

ADS

didymama

perfect seat for her!!! i'll be stuck with racing styling for life-3 boys. maybe my sister will have girls?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I love that fabric! She is cute!
Glad you like your MA. Where is the saftey Superstore? I have never heard of it before. I got my MA from BC.

Yoshi

She looks SO PROUD of that seat!!!! Like- "Hey look at my new cool carseat, isn't it so pretty?" :p She is adorable!!!!!!!:)
Enjoy the new seat!

Splash

I've thought of buying Charlie a flowery seat (if I needed a new seat that is!) he just LOVES everything pink and sparkly and pretty and girly. Everytime I try him in seats in the store, he LOVES the flowery Marathon and always heads right to it and strokes it and gets mad when I make him leave it!
I didn't know they were making the Ashley cover anymore. It is VERY pretty.
Your daughter looks SO perfect in that picture, showing off her new trinket!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I've thought of buying Charlie a flowery seat (if I needed a new seat that is!) he just LOVES everything pink and sparkly and pretty and girly. Everytime I try him in seats in the store, he LOVES the flowery Marathon and always heads right to it and strokes it and gets mad when I make him leave it!

I don't know how old Charlie is but my guy is 2 (almost 2 1/2)and his favorite color is purple. Everything has to be purple! We will walking through a store and he points out everything that is purple, doesn't matter what it is if it is purple he will see it!

Last edited:

BudgieStew

I love that fabric! She is cute!
Glad you like your MA. Where is the saftey Superstore? I have never heard of it before. I got my MA from BC.

http://www.babyproofingplus.com.

They just changed the website a few weeks back on the Britax page and I think made an error some of the patterns say available for prepaid pre order for January 2006..I think they meant 2007.

We ordered our Arms Reach from them a few years back and were happy with the service then so bought from them again.
I looked at other online shops like TJ's etc but the shipping was 30.00 to 40.00.

They SuperStore charged me 21.00 and called it Canada Post but it was sent via Fed-Ex!!

Splash

jewels said:
I don't know how old Charlie is but my guy is 2 (almost 2 1/2)and his favorite color is purple. Everything has to be purple! We will walking through a store and he points out everything that is purple, doesn't matter what it is if it is purple he will see it!

He's 16 months. His favorite shoes are pink with strawberries on them. My MIL freaked when I took him out of the house in them, oh well! He also has a pair of pink crocs that he LOVES and for Christmas is getting some croc mary janes with butterfly jibbets. His favorite toy is his broom, he loves sparkles, and he cooks. We were in Target and he fell in BIG LOVE with a pack of pink princess panties (BIG LOVE) so I bought them and he adores them. Mostly just to carry around.

Some of the family has expressed concern, but who cares? He is what he is and he's a happy kid. Right now he just likes things that are soft and pretty and fancy, who can blame him?

BudgieStew

QUOTE]

Our son loves blue, I'm thinking because its DH and mine favorite color. But man is he going to be mad when he figures out that DD's middle name is Blue!!

He picked out the Blue Radian for his new seat but its 229.00 plus taxes and 30-40.00 more in shipping then the Grey one that I can get for 199.99 plus taxes. I really wish Canadian Tire sold the other colors.

Are all the Britax covers so nice and soft and plushy?

I will be buying a second cover for her as light yellow is not going to be such a good idea come next winter. :)
They just don't seem to have any girly darker covers available for me to buy right now though. I love a few but they are all discontinued or not available for sale separate from the seat.

Anyway we are all super happy with the seat and I really wish that when I had set out to buy DS's seat a couple years back that we had gone with a Britax.

scatterbunny

Awww, beautiful! (The seat AND the little girl ;) )

I felt the same way 3 years ago when we got our first Britax (a Husky, to replace a Cosco Alpha Omega).

BudgieStew

I just want to gush about the fact that I love it and all its user friendly features to some people who will not think I am crazy or question the almost 350.00 price tag.

scatterbunny

Totally KWYM. :) Everyone thinks we got our Husky (that we later sold, only to figure out we need a Regent now :rolleyes: ) because it was expensive and we had to have "the best". Which is ridiculous becuase we buy generic-brand everything, don't have cable TV or home internet, we do everything to SAVE money--but a carseat wasn't something we were going to skrimp on, when we became educated about the subject.

Yoshi

He's 16 months. His favorite shoes are pink with strawberries on them. My MIL freaked when I took him out of the house in them, oh well! He also has a pair of pink crocs that he LOVES and for Christmas is getting some croc mary janes with butterfly jibbets. His favorite toy is his broom, he loves sparkles, and he cooks. We were in Target and he fell in BIG LOVE with a pack of pink princess panties (BIG LOVE) so I bought them and he adores them. Mostly just to carry around.

Some of the family has expressed concern, but who cares? He is what he is and he's a happy kid. Right now he just likes things that are soft and pretty and fancy, who can blame him?

I know several boys who LOVE pink, or sparkly things, or flowers. My most favorite author, Catherine Newman wrote about her son's favorite color and how they have no problem with it. It's an excerpt, but worth the quick read:

http://www.mothershock.com/blog/archives/2005/12/blog_book_tour_16.html

skaterbabs

tee hee...My dh is a bit of an odd duck. He's the football player/AV expert/borderline genious that also plays soccer and baseball and repairs cars and all things mechanical. But God forbid he need to ever be anywhere on time! lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC