Would you use a car seat in a golf cart on the beach?

Splash

We were going to rent a little golf cart to ride on the beach, but ended up not doing it because I could drive our vehicle on the beach for WAY cheaper (but didn't even do that). I was thinking about whether or not i would put car seats in it. Four seater little car with 3 point seatbelts in each seat. Probably would for Sam just to have somewhere to put him, but I was thinking of letting Charlie just ride in the seatbelt. Actually I was gonna put Sammy FF in the GN so he could look around...

So, driving under 10 mph on a beach with almost no possible chance of a crash, would you use seats?

ADS

capeKO71

I wouldn´t. Just not designed for it. My 6 year old takes golf lessons... and they drive him out in a cart... he just buckles in. I think the risk is just totally different...

I would be ok throwing a bucket in there, for convienence... but I wouldn´t get overly worried about putting carseats in there.

Maedze

Yeah I would. Because I'm a geek. And it would be a chance to play with a locking clip. And because if I didn't Bean the First would jump out and get run over by the golf cart.

xursusmaritimusx

Yeah I would. Because I'm a geek. And it would be a chance to play with a locking clip. And because if I didn't Bean the First would jump out and get run over by the golf cart.

LOL thats exactly what i was envisioning of my own. she would want to sit on the seat and being too small would fly out and get run over LOL

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yes, mainly just for the looks from other parents (lol) and to keep the kids contained. Mine would FREAK OUT if they used just a belt. Well, maybe the 5 year old would be okay as long as she had her vest.

sixmaybemore

My first thought was "your golf carts have seat belts?! Cool!"

I've never ridden in a golf cart with belts. None of my kids have ever tried to jump out or anything when riding around in them.

MJHY27

I've never seen a golf cart with seat belts or four seats for that matter so I guess i'd have to see it before I decided on whether to bother with car seats. Although I agree that i'd probably do it just to see how they'd fit and for the stares of other people :p

christineka

My kids rode on a golf cart once. I did not install car seats for them. They were 3 and 4 years old and buckled in with a seatbelt. The cart was driven at maybe 10 mph for a short distance at some stables. My kids sat just fine.

I guess it would depend on the kid. Mine are too scared to jump off or do anything wild while on a moving vehicle.

Oh- the 3rd and 4th seats were on the back, rear-facing. That's where my kids sat. I figured that if they slipped out they'd be okay.

Just last week I saw a car that had been mashed on the side. The mom and her two tiny kids (probably 2 and 3) were sitting on the side of the car. There were no car seats in the car at all. If they could survive being mashed in regular traffic, I think my kids would be fine in a golf cart, going really slowly on a non crowded, non-road surface.

Louisa

CPST Instructor
I probably would,
1 to contain them,
2 my grandma has fallen out of a golf cart twice, once breaking her arm and she is not like old and frail either, she plays 18 holes every day, i also saw some one tip over on a hill outside our condo and roll their cart over twice
3 it might be fun to see other people stare
and 4th and most importantly because it would piss my dh off, and that is always fun for me :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC