Radian xt rio cover?

skylinphoto

So, tell me more.
Me and dh really like this cover..but, I've read it's cheapy and rough and snags easily.
Is this true?

If you have this cover, would you buy it again?

If it gets really ratty looking will sunshine kids offer a replacement? Cost?

Thanks!!!

It's either Rio or Nassau. It depends on if rio holds up though. :)

ADS

xxluckychicxx

The Rio is crap. Yes, it looks great but it does not hold up well and is very uncomfortable.

SK will replace it for free if you call them. They are replacing mine with a Nassau.

kandamom

The Rio is crap. Yes, it looks great but it does not hold up well and is very uncomfortable.

SK will replace it for free if you call them. They are replacing mine with a Nassau.

Does your cover have to actually be falling apart for them to replace it? I just assumed it would be the same mesh as the Monterey, and I ordered the Hampton color for ds2 a couple days ago. According to another thread on the topic, it is not the same mesh as the Monterey. Dang it, I think I would have ordered the gray Radian 65, if I had known. I don't care for the Nassau cover at all, but maybe it looks better in person.

DS2 is not typically fussy about stuff like this, but he is used to his soft granite marathon cover. We'll see if it bothers him...

Thanks,
Rebecca

xxluckychicxx

Does your cover have to actually be falling apart for them to replace it?

Nope, DS's was just "fuzzing" but it feels super uncomfortable so I called them up and they are sending me a Nassau no questions asked. They were gonna send another Rio but I told them I'd like something plush this time.

Splash

Mine is still in a box and I can tell it sucks. It's really scatchy uncomfortable. I was SHOCKED when I touched it the first time. It's like a really cheap polyester suit.

NVMBR02

We must be really lucky because we have used ours daily for the past 6 months and it doesn't have any wear on it at all. It isn't as soft as a lot of the other fabrics but ds likes it and doesn't mind. The other day he rode in it in just underwear since his clothes had gotten all wet and he was fine.

kandamom

Nope, DS's was just "fuzzing" but it feels super uncomfortable so I called them up and they are sending me a Nassau no questions asked. They were gonna send another Rio but I told them I'd like something plush this time.

Thanks for the info. Ours should come tomorrow, so I'll see how uncomfortable it is. I really liked the color of the hampton.:( I hate returning car seats, so it would probably be better to just call skjp about it - if it becomes an issue.

Rebecca

skylinphoto

Thanks for the replies!
We ordered a Rio XT from target last night (free shipping..easy return if we hate the seat for some reason).
I figure, if we love it and get lucky and it holds up, awesome. If it sucks and gets fuzzy and crappy looking, i'll talk to skjp about a replacement or something. But, ds loves red so much that I figure it's worth the chance. :)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Ours is o.k., we've had it for 3 mos now I think. It needs washed, but that's something different. Evan has never complained and I don't see any wear on the cover right now and we use it a lot.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC