I have Britax's first EERF seat ***shows major misuse***

mommaon112903

*Photos show MAJOR mis-use as the Regent is a FF only seat!*

I had to re-install Josef's Regent this morning since when I weighed him he was 39lbs in just under-wear (thankfully we have hit the 40lb mark clothed again :love:) I bribed Josef with a Pepsi Throwback if he played carseats with me...he did not want to get out when we were done! He kept saying that he was comfortable between everything else he could see now. He wanted me to keep it RFing :D Now only if there WERE a U.S. seat I could RF him in!

He is using the second slot while RFing (he was on the third until I reclined it more by moving the passenger seat up) and I could install it with the LATCH as the LATCH belts are long! I could easily RF teather it to the seat track, but like I said the passenger seat was too close to the airbag for *my* personal comfort. So, IF, there was a U.S. RF seat comparable to the Regent (which I do not think there ever will be) in *my* car it would be a TIGHT fit depending on the recline angle you needed.

July2009016.jpg

July2009017.jpg

This was his favorite way to sit, I should have known since he will sit this way on most rides.
July2009018.jpg

*ETA mods if this is more approiate in the CMB, please feel free to move it as the more I think about it I am not 100% certain it belongs here. And feel free to add "Shows Major Mis-Use in my title-thanks so much!*

Last edited:
ADS

zeo2ski

Re: I have Britax's first EERF seat

Your thread title is awful--there is no need to get my heart rate up like that!

But that is cute.

NannyMom

Cute :) It's funny how people say a big kid is uncomfortable RF. Yet older kids often prefer it (especially when it's not an option for them ;)).

mommaon112903

You know while I was doing this I started to wonder how the shell of the Regent and MT compare. They do remind me of each other, but I have never layed my eyes on a necky MT.

Too cool!!! Come on Britax, bring us a MT!!!

I could hear Josef crying from our DR when I re-installed his Regent the correct way. He kept saying "NOOOOOOOO I want to see my bug!!!! I was comfy that way, leave it alone!!!!"

This does make me want to import something-if he would get a year at least RFing. But I am NOT made of money and can not be SOL that much money if something were to happen. Maybe we should just move to Sweden :p

cowgirlsmommy

That is too cool! He looks so happy in there! If Zoe's Regent went RF she'd be in heaven! Hmmmm..... wonder if they added a little something to the Regent it could be a RF seat.......:whistle:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

What seat was it, the Britax King? Before my carseat time, but it looked like a RFing Regent. No, the Britax Elite. It had a 33 pound limit, but it looks more like a RFing Regent than a high based seat.

It'd be awesome if Britax made a Regent that rear faced with an eight or nine year lifespan.

Wendy

Splash

I want a Britax Elite.

I had a friend that bought a Regent for RF. She saw recline bar and long belt path and apparently it was listed under convertibles online. She got it and had a devil of a time before calling me asking me how to do it. I laughed at her, she laughed at herself, her older child got the Regent and the toddler got the older kid's MA.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC