Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Sooo Proud!

Smile Sooo Proud!

I was turned on to this site by a friend. I have been reading the posts and recently got 2 Regents for my girls. I was at the gas station the other day and there was a guy in a honda accord. He had three kids in the back. One was buckled. The other was is a booster w/ harness. The other was out of the belt and playing witht he one in the booster. So I waited. The dad pumped the gas and got in. So I waited. The little girl still not buckled dad says nothing. Then the little girl sees me looking at her. Dad now puts the car in drive girl still not buckled and facing the rear. So I took the opportunity since she is looking at me. To tug on my strap and say....turn around and buckle up. Although she could not hear me she knew what I meant. She turned around and buckled. I was so happy. People just don't think sometimes. It happened in a HEAVY truck area. I have to say I felt much better that I said something. If there would have been an accident I would not have been able to forgive myself.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Sooo Proud!

Congrats on your successful non verbal reminder.

Just a note of caution however: MANY parents are freaky about others giving direction/correction to THEIR children.

Glad she buckled up

I admit to feeling like my turf had been invaded when the assistant teacher held on to Leila while lining up on the side walk when the buses pulled up -- another class was walking, but the assistant teacher said no one is supposed to move until the buses are parked.... What's weird is that I was all of 3 feet away, her mother & had been trying to get her to come with me before this all started & the lady ignored me then, lining Leila up with the rest.... Just weird, ya know? I'm sure it's safer for the kids not to move, but I'm her mother holding her hand & we're on the sidewalk *SHRUG*
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

Good job.

And I say, let the parents get mad. A nonverbal reminder to buckle up, especially when the other children in the car were obviously buckled up, is not out of line.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

Thanks Scatter.