Sooo Proud!

Tpao

I was turned on to this site by a friend. I have been reading the posts and recently got 2 Regents for my girls. I was at the gas station the other day and there was a guy in a honda accord. He had three kids in the back. One was buckled. The other was is a booster w/ harness. The other was out of the belt and playing witht he one in the booster. So I waited. The dad pumped the gas and got in. So I waited. The little girl still not buckled dad says nothing. Then the little girl sees me looking at her. Dad now puts the car in drive girl still not buckled and facing the rear. So I took the opportunity since she is looking at me. To tug on my strap and say....turn around and buckle up. Although she could not hear me she knew what I meant. She turned around and buckled. I was so happy. People just don't think sometimes. It happened in a HEAVY truck area. I have to say I felt much better that I said something. If there would have been an accident I would not have been able to forgive myself.

ADS

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Congrats on your successful non verbal reminder.

Just a note of caution however: MANY parents are freaky about others giving direction/correction to THEIR children.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Glad she buckled up :)

I admit to feeling like my turf had been invaded when the assistant teacher held on to Leila while lining up on the side walk when the buses pulled up -- another class was walking, but the assistant teacher said no one is supposed to move until the buses are parked.... What's weird is that I was all of 3 feet away, her mother & had been trying to get her to come with me before this all started & the lady ignored me then, lining Leila up with the rest.... Just weird, ya know? I'm sure it's safer for the kids not to move, but I'm her mother holding her hand & we're on the sidewalk *SHRUG*

scatterbunny

Good job. :)

And I say, let the parents get mad. A nonverbal reminder to buckle up, especially when the other children in the car were obviously buckled up, is not out of line.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC