would you sell a Britax marathon and replace it with a true fit?

cause I am considering doing just this, I thought I LOVED my marathon.. so easy to use, perfect install, easy to buckle, but I got this true fit in a trade with another mama, and I LOVE it, I am tempted to get one for Fiona also (I have been using it for Nolan instead of my marathon.. would I be crazy? I just think with the tall shell it will last longer for Fiona when she turns ffing. She has time still with the radian and the my ride, but once the turn happens, I think the true fit is perfect. It will last us longer than the marathon.. I just like it better I think.

ADS

mcomommy

I sold one of mine to buy a trufit. I LOVE my last Marathon though, I was going to sell it to buy a Radian but I just might keep it because it is such a good seat :eek: If you have to sell one to buy another though I would go with the one that lasts the longest as long as you like it and it works well for your kid and your car :) They are both great seats.

sparkyd

I replaced my Marathon with a True Fit - but I'm in Canada and here the Marathon can only RF to 30 lbs whereas the True Fit goes to 35. Would have had to turn my DS before I really wanted to in the Marathon. I never recommend the Marathon to friends anymore, but that is largely because you just can't justify the cost of a Marathon when compared to the True Fit. And there are some things I like better about the True Fit. I think the True Fit is a great seat overall, but not sure I would have spent the money on a new seat if I hadn't wanted the higher RF limit. This is totally going to depend on what you want and can afford!!

If you are only thinking ahead to FFing though, there are other options for FF combination (harness/booster) seats that might make more sense when that time comes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC