Toyota Sienna TA and LATCH questions

ts_peach

I posted this in another sectionbut it might have been the wrong one, so i'm trying again as i didn't get any info:

So we are in the market for an older sienna and i'm gathering info. i tried doing a search but couldn't find all the info i was looking for.

if i got it correctly, 1998-2000 can be retrofitted with 3 TA's and they are located on the floor.

2001 is the first year to have LATCH, right? what positions and are the additional tether anchors? are they on the floor or on the seats? is this true for the 02 and 03 models as well?

the body style changes in 2004. in the 7 passenger there is 4 sets of LATCH and in the 8 passenger 5 sets but no TA behind drivers side 3rd row, right?

thanks for any clarification,
Anne-Marie

ADS

emandbri

I was not happy with the tether anchors I had installed for my captain's chairs in my 98.

They are very far back and interfered with Daniel riding in the back.

summer%2006%20056.jpg

My brother and SIL has 2001 one driver's side captain's chair and one in the back is on the passenger side. She doesn't think she has any other tether anchors.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I posted this in another sectionbut it might have been the wrong one, so i'm trying again as i didn't get any info:

So we are in the market for an older sienna and i'm gathering info. i tried doing a search but couldn't find all the info i was looking for.

if i got it correctly, 1998-2000 can be retrofitted with 3 TA's and they are located on the floor.

2001 is the first year to have LATCH, right? what positions and are the additional tether anchors? are they on the floor or on the seats? is this true for the 02 and 03 models as well?

the body style changes in 2004. in the 7 passenger there is 4 sets of LATCH and in the 8 passenger 5 sets but no TA behind drivers side 3rd row, right?

thanks for any clarification,
Anne-Marie

Correct, the '98 - '00 models can be retrofitted in the second row driver side and third row outboard positions, and there are 3 8mm weld nuts on the floor behind the seat.

'01 is the first model year to have LATCH, and '01 - '03 models are the same, with a full set of LATCH in the second row driver side and third row passenger side. The LATCH manual notes "3 tether anchors behind the seat" for the '01 - '03 models, without stating if they're on the floor or on the back of the vehicle seat.

The '04 and newer models (7- and 8-passenger models) have full LATCH in all rear seating positions except for the third row driver side.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
The info. I posted came from the LATCH manual. Now that you mention it, I remember an "unofficial" link for adding a tether anchor for the second row passenger side in the '98-00 models and I'm going to link to that for the OP so she knows about those details: http://www.carseatsite.com/sienna.htm

ts_peach

thanks, that helps. i'm hoping to get an 01-03 but really hoped the TA were on the seats instead of the floor because they do interfere with the seating positions behind. i guess i'll get what i can take since the van that we are replacing only had the ability to retrofit 1 TA and it's on the floor. but i have a RF seat behind it now that doens't intefere with it. was just hoping to move that seat to a different position.

one more question... does the middle 3rd row bench have a lap belt only or does it have a lap/shoulder in the 98-03 models?

thanks,
Anne-Marie

DahliaRW

The newer siennas have the TA on the seat. Not sure on the older, it could have changed. It makes sense when retrofitting they have to be on the floor...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC