Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Secondary Seat Recommendations?

Vehicle stats: Range Rover, don't know the exact year but it has no LATCH or top tether.

Kids stats: 4y1m old ds, 42lbs, 40+in

Notes: The seat will be dh's vehicle. He travels frequently for work, so he has a need to be able to easily install and uninstall the seat. Dh and I are also separated so I will not have the ability to constantly check his install. Is there a "foolproof" seat out there that will fit our needs.

I don't know what his budget is so just hit me with anything and we'll take it from there.

Thanks.

ETA: Ds current seat is a marathon. He is on the top slots.
    Last edited by MaryAnn; 07-10-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: forgot some info

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crankypants carseatcoach's Avatar

Re: Secondary Seat Recommendations?

Nautilus would fit and is a very easy seatbelt install, and while it's not cheap, it's not outrageous either.
    CPST and Mama to a 13yo girl, 5-stepped at age 10 and 5'

Posted from my toaster using a PopTart

CPS Technician

How often is he with his dad? I would suggest the naut or a booster. Like the graco turbo or recaro vivo. A booster might be harder to mess up.
    Stefanie - CPST in Iowa
    mom to dd 11,/00, ds 11/01, ds 3/06, dd 04/07, dd 08/12 (radian rxt) ds 12/13 (evenflo sureride)

Quote Originally Posted by pippi2077 View Post
    How often is he with his dad?
    At the moment, his visits are infrequent because of his daddy's work schedule. I would say that they may become 2 weekends out of the month.

Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, but there are no headrests in the backseat of the Range Rover. Would that affect the install of a Nautilus? I have yet to play around with one.