Has anyone been able to use the top slot on the SS1?

Shaunam

I've seen people mention that it's useless because a kid will be too close to the top before their shoulders are level with it.

Just wondering. Because DD is on it and still has 2.5-3" above her head. :whistle:

I'm wondering if it's just because she has SUCH a teeny tiny head though. I was just surprised when I realized she could be in the top slot. :p

ADS

canadiangie

Neither one of my girls could.

Emma, 21mos, could juuuuust barely use the SS1 today if I absolutely needed her to (like an emergency type thing), but she couldn't use the top slots, her shoulders still aren't level.

I do know that lots of kids CAN though, so it's just an 'every kid is different' thing. :p

munchkin

Eli (21 months today) is just on the top slots of the SS1 and has a little less than an inch of growing room left.

Last edited:

cpsaddict

Yes, both of my nephews could. DJ outgrew it at 14ish mths and we moved the straps up at about 10mths. Gavin is on the top at 11mths with plenty of room, but he is 30lbs now.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
DD2 used the top slots for a month or tow before she maxed out her SS1 by height right before her first birthday.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, we used them for a couple months... maybe longer? I may have moved them up earlier than a rule-following purist would, because the middle slots were crushing her down really hard and I have concerns about spinal compression injuries when they are too low below the shoulders in a bad rear-ender :eek:

xursusmaritimusx

we did.

my daughter at 31mo, 35" and 32lbs (outgrown by weight in the ss1 but would have fit in the sr32 until this moment)

DSCF7465.jpg

DSCF7462.jpg

DSCF7460.jpg

Spam

DS used them, but not for too long. We didn't really use the seat after about 6 months. Here he is at 7 months

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

BW1426

Wow, Shauna. I just saw your blog pics. The SS1 seems like the perfect seat for Miss Charlie :love:

Karen

There is no way that DD will be able to, maybe she has a giant head or something. She still has room to grow, but not enough to ever use those slots.

emandbri

Elizabeth did. I moved her to the top slots around 9 months and I think she fit in the seat until around 15 months.

NannyMom

Sofi is still on the 2nd slots, but has outgrown the seat.

So the SS1 works for her? I was wondering all day yesterday (and couldn't get online to see).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC