Changing out carseats

U

Unregistered

So I currently have an Evenflo Triumph Advanced for dd in my husband's car (it's the spare seat), and Britax Boulevard as her main seat, she is comfortable in both seats, more so in the britax than the ETA. However, dd is tall, she's 18 months, 32 1/3 inches tall but light, only 22.5 lbs. She's still got room in the boulevard and ETA height wise and TONS of weight left for RF in both seats. However I am thinking because she's tall we'll have to turn her before we want to (I want her to rear face as long as possible). I saw the new information from Radian about a higher rear face weight and it's got a taller shell than the Blvd (correct?). however I also don't want to be out the money for the blvd and the eta. what can i do with them, they're in perfect condition, never been in accidents and the seats are only about a year or two old (eta was purchased recently, blvd was purchased when dd was 4 months old but i think it was manuf. earlier than we bought it though still in 2008). So what can I do with the old seats if i were to change to the radian seats?

ADS
U

Unregistered

I know there are some "ethical" issues with some mamas about selling used seats so i wanted to check with all you wonderful knowledgeable ladies on here first :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Nah, provided you know the history and you haven't been in a collision, washed the straps, or modified the seat, we have no problem encouraging you to sell seats. What do you think we do with our old seats? LOL We have problems with a lot of less knowledgeable people selling seats. The ones who try to sell expired, collided, washed, etc. seats as safe. We have a problem with buying a seat without knowing the history.

Just price it fairly, say when it was made, when it expires, no collisions, no harness washing, and you'll be good!

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Thank you. I appreciate the help.

One other quick question, do you think the radian 80 or XT is a good seat for my tall, skinny toddler, she is rear facing still and we want to keep her that way as long as possible, as well as 5pt harness as long as we can.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Thank you. I appreciate the help.

One other quick question, do you think the radian 80 or XT is a good seat for my tall, skinny toddler, she is rear facing still and we want to keep her that way as long as possible, as well as 5pt harness as long as we can.

I think unless you're in love with the wings I'd save money and buy a regular Radian. Most kids won't make it to 65 pounds in a Radian, nevermind 80, so for a tall skinny kid unless there's a cover on the 80 you adore, or you must have the wings, I'd go for the Radian 65 and pocket the extra cash. :)

The Radian can probably get most kids to 40 pounds rear facing. I should sit my daughter in it and see how much room she has over her head (she's just 40 pounds now). But for tall and skinny kids generally the True Fit is easier to install and use, is cheaper (you can find it online for $154), and will get them plenty old rear facing.

Also, since you're unregistered your posts are moderated. So give them a few minutes. :) It's done manually by someone sitting at their computer approving messages. I've approved your message and deleted your duplicate.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

My computer had timed out so I wasn't sure it had gone through.

I will talk to my husband about it and see what we think about switching the seats.

Another quick question, given her height (she wont' let me do a sitting torso height), and the fact I have her in the Blvd. I moved the headrest up on the blvd, my knobs are tighter now, and difficult to turn. I moved the headrest because the wings were pushing on her shoulders so she squished herself down--whether she needed to or wanted to i don't know--the straps are still at or below her shoulders so that's where y questions are coming from

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC