Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Rear Facing Tether?

I have all Britax seats and one of my children is rear facing in a Roundabout and we are about to buy a Boulevard for my youngest for Christmas... I know it can tether rearfacing but I cant seem to find where it hooks to? We have a 2006 Toyota Sienna and a 2004 Hyundai Elantra.
    Raymond - 5yr - 42 lb - 42 in. - FF Graco Nautilus
    Arianna - 3yr - 25 lb - RF Britax Marathon Couture - Trellis
    Alexander - 2yr - 22 lb - RF Britax Boulevard CS - Riviera
    Nathaniel - 6months - 19 lb - RF Orbit Baby Toddler CarSeat - Black

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Re: Rear Facing Tether?

I believe most of your question in answered in the thread you started on the Carseat forum. Just wanted to add a Sienna specific tip here: you need to pop off the plastic cover on the back part of the front seat track with a screwdriver. Then loop the short webbed strap with the metal D-ring (which came with your RA and also will come with the Blvd.) through itself and around the seat track. Then clip the tether anchor to the metal D-ring, and shorten up the top tether strap to make it taut.

You can also go to http://www.carseatsite.com/videos.ht...20with%20LATCH for helpful videos showing how to tether Britax convertibles rear facing. Some or all of these videos actually show how to use the rear facing tether in a Sienna.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Just wanted to add that you CAN'T brace against the front seats per the Sienna manual. Apparently, it interferes with the airbag sensors.
    Abbysnail ~ 11 ~ Maui FR85 (booster mode) and Leopard Olli
    Chica ~ 9.5 ~ Pink Monterey and Julius Olli
    Loveybug ~ 3.5 ~ rfing in a Cranberry TFP and ffing in a FR85

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

I just installed our marathon in our 05 elantra this afternoon for full time use. I tethered to the outside leg of the passenger side front seat just under the rail. I will try to post a pic tomorrow night...DH will have the car all day at work.

CCO 4/15

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

So you didn't have your oldest's seat tethered when he was RF?
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche