gah now that radian is 40lbs rf...

Cryssy Jane

Now I don't know what to do...

I :love: my radians and once you're use to them they install nice. 1 out of 2 of my radians will now have the 40lbs RF (the princess barely makes the cut :p), the granite was 01/08 so it's out of luck.

I had my mind dead set today on getting the myride while it's on sale, however now I'm torn. Do I get another RN (cost more, but I already have 2), or do I still get the MR????

AHHHHHHH only a carseat geek would freak out about these things.

I sold my old iphone 3g today to get some quick cash and my GN is selling as of tomorrow, so I will have the money to buy another RN...:confused::confused: Help??

ADS

Cryssy Jane

I know it's soooo tempting!! Problem being is I need another seat by like monday. Merry Go Round carried the XT, but if I got that then I'd put emily in that because she's FF and my granite RN is only good til 33 lbs rf. He could still fit for a while (26lbs) but I dunno. Plus merry go round likes to raise pricing to the extreme.

I mean I have an RA that O still fits in rf barely, but it has a crack from being dropped so it's just taking up room in my playroom at the moment. Crack is less than 2 inches, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable using it for the time being.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Call Sunshine Kids and ask who carries then in your area. I was surprised when Scatterbunny and I did that.

Cryssy Jane

Call Sunshine Kids and ask who carries then in your area. I was surprised when Scatterbunny and I did that.

I'll call tomorrow. Hmmm according to the store locator button, my hospital women's center carries them?!? That's right across the street from merry go round. I'll call them tomorrow too.

On a second note, of those who have had all 3 (65, 80, XT) which do you like better?

If I got an XT, I'd throw em in it for FF SIP, actually... I'd have to check, but I think em could RF too, she's 36-38lbs depending on the day. 2nd to top slots on the RN FF and those are a little above her shoulders. So if I got another newer one, I could throw all 3 kiddos rf, because Odie can RF in the older granite since he's only 26lbs, Jill can have the princess (if odie lets her) at 28lbs then em could have the new seat. :love::love: Although if it was for em she'd want something girlie to match her sister...then i'd probably have to buy new cover when odie hit 33lbs.

hmm thoughts?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Oooh, lots of rear facers. Love it! Personally, I like the covers of the 80, but the 65 is perfect. If the wings went down farther on the XT, I would be all over it, but they don't.

Blondie87

For every kiddo I've have (11 months +), the wings on the XT have gone down far enough. Maybe a couple kiddos have it *just* far enough, but I :love: my XT so much, and the wings. But I haven't had any of the others.

Cryssy Jane

also keep in mind em rides in a HBB in both her parents cars. She initially threw a fit about being harnessed but once benefits were explained she was ok with it. Today she cried knowing it would be the last time she'd use my GN.

Jill rides FF in MAs in both parents cars, she ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: riding RF and will tell you how it's so much safer for little kids like her who don't weigh enough. (she's 3).

Odin, doesn't really talk... lol. His mom and dad both flipped him right at 1 n 20, he's always been rf in my car and has no problem. Mom just finally flipped him back RF at 17 months because of all the safety info I tossed at her. Now we're just trying to get dad to flip.

Lily has her days but being a 2 year old she doesn't really understand yet. Occasionally will throw a fit getting in, but typically falls asleep right away RF.

Maya... well she just hangs out in the keyfit...haven't tried her in a RN yet, but she's super long so she would probably fit.

cookie123

Do the new Radians come with the longer crotch strap now? Was the belt path improved at all? I can't get my "old" ones to install ff with latch or seatbelt.
Anyone have a new one they want to let me try?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Whoa, the Radian is going to 40 lbs now? Guess I've been under a rock. Is there a 25-page thread on that that I've missed somewhere?

vonfirmath

I'll call tomorrow. Hmmm according to the store locator button, my hospital women's center carries them?!? That's right across the street from merry go round. I'll call them tomorrow too.

If true, that is new.

They had NO carseats when my son was born (almost two years ago). And a little tiny shop where I'm not sure where they would keep a car seat in stock.

Though I LOVED the women's center because I could go in and weigh whenever I felt like it.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Whoa, the Radian is going to 40 lbs now? Guess I've been under a rock. Is there a 25-page thread on that that I've missed somewhere?

Nevermind, I found it. Apparently I wasn't living under a rock. I just went to sleep for the night. :D

vonfirmath

New today. It came in email to someone that the seats in and past September 2008 are certified to RF to 40 pounds.

Hopefully they will send out stickers to registered owners and not rely on word of mouth.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The place that I ended up finding them was a mail order place, but they had them to try out and buy! Pretty cool.

Cryssy Jane

ok according to the skjp website, there are 3 dealers. I've called all 3 and only 1 actually sells them... and they only have XTs. I don't know if I can come up with the extra $30 plus tax... hmmm.

edit. actually none actually have the carseats, they just sell the accessories, I guess merry go round it is, but they only have XTs too...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC