Radian is 40lbs rear facing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxluckychicxx

Just got this email:

Sarah,
We've recently completed additional crash testing and Radian's rear-facing capacity has been increased to 40 lbs.
This change will be reflected in new manuals (end of this summer / early fall by the time it reaches stores.)
In the meantime, please note this increased rear-facing capacity is now retroactive to all U.S. model Radian seats made after September, 2008.

Interim Update Notification:
Models: U.S. models only - Radian65(16500), Radian80(18500) and RadianXT(19500)
Notice: Rear-facing capacity for these Radian models has been increased to 40 lbs
This change will be reflected on future Radian manuals and stickers.
This change is now retroactive and applies to U.S. Radian models manufactured in or after September, 2008.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Russ Berger

:D:D:D SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
LOL Figures, as Piper hits 41 pounds. Oh, and mine is 3/07 anyway, so it's not retroactive.

Wendy

Cryssy Jane

Does that include september 08? I have 1 rn that i just bought not even a month ago but it has a sept 08 DOM. My other is a jan 08 however... YAY for 1 though!!! Glad sunshine kids stepped up!!!

edit: nevermind it says in or after sept... YAY that means I have one :) So I'm curious will there be anything sent out to current owners?

xxluckychicxx

Does that include september 08? I have 1 rn that i just bought not even a month ago but it has a sept 08 DOM. My other is a jan 08 however... YAY for 1 though!!! Glad sunshine kids stepped up!!!

edit: nevermind it says in or after sept... YAY that means I have one :) So I'm curious will there be anything sent out to current owners?

I emailed him back asking if they were going to send out new stickers/manuals. I'll post back when he replies.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
No pocket protector. I don't remember glasses either. I should have taken a pic!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC