So disappointed in Coccoro RF

tracee877

I thought this was going to be the magic seat to help me get 3 across. Nope. *sigh* And it's so darn cute too. It fits and would work but the install was horrible. It is so tippy. I got it super tight with lap belt only. But just barely pushing on it from the side or back sent it rebounding. I tried it outboard just to see if it would be that way using the shoulder belt also and it was a little better but not much. I so wanted this seat to work. Of course it installed like a dream FF but DS2 is nowhere near ready for FF. The vehicle is a 98 Explorer with cloth seats. Combi really needs to make some improvements to this seat for RF somehow.

ADS

autumnlily

There have been quite a few posts about this lately.. myself included. Did you happen to try a pool noodle?

I found, just one pool noodle (regular size, not a "super size") did the trick to ease the "rebounding/tippiness/rotation" issues.

Hope that helps :eek:

tracee877

Really?? Hmm, I think I have one around here somewhere. I'll have to try it out tomorrow. I really need this to work!

monstah

You probably already saw this thread from a couple of days ago. I ended up returning my Coccoro.
I loooved that seat. I wish I was more comfortable with the RF install. :( If it installed rock solid, it would have easily skyrocketed to become my all time favorite seat.... And I have owned A LOT of seats.

tracee877

Yep I saw that thread of course AFTER I had already ordered it. I'm hoping a noodle fixes the problem. But it looks like we are getting a 2006 Ford Freestyle so I won't be needing 3 across anymore!:D But I'll still need to get 3 across in one of our other vehicles in the event of an emergency.

monstah

But it looks like we are getting a 2006 Ford Freestyle so I won't be needing 3 across anymore.

:eek: I have a 2006 Freestyle. Are you getting the second row bench chairs or the bench? Because if you are getting the bench, I have a lot of info to toss your way about ERF & getting 3 across in that thing. :rolleyes:

tracee877

It's a 60/40 bench I think. I do have a question about tethering RF. Under the driver seat there is a wide black bar that goes across, is that an ok spot to attach the D ring to? It seems to be sturdy enough and I can actually get the tether centered instead of tethering to a seat leg and having it off center.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, sounds like in VW's where we always tied the D-ring to the big solid bar under the seat. It moved with the seat, but the solution is to just set the seat where you want it to be and don't move it again. Or just be aware that moving the seat may mean you have to adjust the tether.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC