CPS tech classes!!!

becca011906

Senior Community Member
YIPPY! I get to become a tech some time soon!! I'm so excited, today i was at our community baby shower, i was there working for WIC as and talking to mama's about breastfeeding, ect. and there was another booth seat up that had info on car seats i was talking to the lady there about car seats, they had a cosco 3 pt infant seat, a evenflo convertibable, and a graco combo seat... not the best choices by far... but they were just demo seats so i guess that's ok right??? Oh my, anyways she's checked my seats for me before but wasn't able to help me to much b/c she has started having back issues and installing seats i becoming harder, i said something about how i woudl love to become a tech, and she about died when i told her the certification can be as low as $60 depeing on the class, the said she would be getting in touch with the agency and see if they would hire me on as a tech, it would be only 1 time a month for 3 hours, but still i woudl feel better giving out info then they out dated they like to give out, as in harness only to 40lbs, boosters are fine, not much at all about pushing extended rfing, she was shooked when i showed up at the check with my dd rfing she is 2 years old. I'm just very excited, only bad thing is there aren't any classes schedualed yet, in my area execpt for one in champaing IL that's only 45 min from me but the last two days of the class is when i'll be heading for FL for vacation...

ADS

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
My class was about 45 min away I was luck enough to stay at my in laws house, made things a ton easyer

Clarissa

becca011906

Senior Community Member
oh see i was happy that is was an hour drive, i was expecting to find a class 2-4 hours away, a hour drive is easy for me, not a big deal at all, we are in such a rual area, i'm so use to driving for about anything, heck the closest walmart/target/shoping stuff other then our local way over prices food store is an hour drive.

skaterbabs

yea, mine was 40 minutes away, but that's nothing around here. The county is so big that it can take you longer than that to get from one side to the other during rush hour. lol

Simplysomething

yea, mine was 40 minutes away, but that's nothing around here. The county is so big that it can take you longer than that to get from one side to the other during rush hour. lol

If I were to take a class, it'd be in Norfolk, I'm assuming. I'd have to go through the tunnel, and if it were in the morning I'd have to go during rush hour. While with no traffic it takes me 20-30 minutes to get to downtown Norfolk from here...it would nearly an hour then.

What fun! lol

skaterbabs

Yeah, going from Northern Chesterfield to Southern Chesterfield takes about that same amount of time under the same conditions. lol We lived 45+ minutes away from pretty much everything for years, so a 30-40 minute drive isn't something we consider a big deal. lol

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
I'm just very excited, only bad thing is there aren't any classes schedualed yet, in my area execpt for one in champaing IL that's only 45 min from me but the last two days of the class is when i'll be heading for FL for vacation...

If you don't mind, where do you live becca? I live about 2 hours north of Champaign. I have a friend down at U of I and I was going to stay at her house and take the Champaign course if I couldn't find anything closer but the weekends were too extended for me. I ended up by some miracle being accepted into a controlled course during my Spring Break that's only 10 minutes away. Downside is i'm the only person who isn't a police officer going to this session. :eek:

becca011906

Senior Community Member
actully i found a class that was about 1 hour away in Lafayette, IN. I'll pm you my location... :)

I wouldn't be worried about a class full of police! My dh is a police officer, they aren't all so bad! :) LOL Mostly likely you will know more then many of them if you are on this board much, (that's what i've been told anyways ) the newer classes i found start this thursday and will be over in 4 weeks, one day a week.

broken4u05

The only ones i found around me were mon-fri 8 hours a day for a week and because i cant take off work that much i cant do it. I want a class for like 4-5 weeks on friday but i cant find one.. i want to take it soooo bad.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC