YAY! ... but - DANGIT

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Many of you know my SO is in another state & we finally have "spare" (heh) $ to travel for spending the holidays together :D

But, I don't know which seat to bring :p If only I'd made him get the top tether for the center lap belt & I could afford a RSTV now *Grrrrr* She won't need a seat on the plane anymore because of her size in height + maturity now, but we might take the train anyway: guess I'm going to use the Apex ~ not sure about install in center (with the hump + the seatback/headrest issue) :confused: I think it'll be fine outboard, but I feel safer with her in the Regent outboard (no, I'm not lugging that while traveling alone with a preschooler, LOL) ... she actually does like the Cubb, but only fits it as a booster & his car has ALR, but I keep my front seat back as far away from the passenger airbag (about 36" or less from her so in a crash she'd definitely impact my seatback with the booster). It's either the Apex & I sit in front or Cubb & I sit in back with her (but I miss my SO! *whine*)
  • Anyone else tried installing an Apex in a 1997 Honda?

ADS

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Awsome tiffany, glad you and Leila are going to see your SO hope you have a great trip, no help with the seats though! :)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Thanks, Becca ~ I mostly just wanted to vent a bit :p
I feel better about using the Apex now :eek:
& JIC the Apex doesn't work out I have decided SO will get a discount highback Ultra CarGo shipped next day air to use in the rear center (in hopes that she might possibly not have outgrown the highest harness slot: she outgrew the Platinum in a different vehicle so a reclined & less cushioned Ultra might be OK *fingers crossed*)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC