If I hate my Uptown, will I hate the Complete Air too?

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
So, I'm super excited about the Complete Air with it's shell height and all... but now I'm thinking that maybe this isn't such a good idea...

I'm currently using the Uptown in my car, because my DH can't deal with it. The continuous harness is a PITA and the harness adjust, besides being totally smushed in the seat back, is really un-smooth. I feel like it takes a year to get DS in and adjusted nicely every.single.time I use the seat. The chest clip is also really big, and I know that won't change.

The main reason I took the seat out of DH's truck (besides the fact that he couldn't NOT twist the straps) was that when he tightened the harness, it almost seemed like he would pull too hard, and it would affect the recline of the seat itself (recline it more, if that makes sense). I'm not sure why that was happening, except that DH was really used to the Radian with the RF boot, and pulling really hard on it. But that kind of freaks me out, especially thinking that the Complete Air will most likely need some sort of noodle configuration (which I really hate on principle).

I really want to like this seat. I was thisclose to putting down a deposit at BRU this morning... bah.

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Ya, the AOe is nothing like the uptown..I LOATHE the uptown, and LOVE my AOE. Yes, it's a continuous harness..I don't see them ahcnging that. but as long as they have the newer, un-twisty straps, I really like everythjign else abou tit. The harness adjuster does NOT get buried in an AOe (it's sort of higher up), the adjusting is fairly smooth, and except for the newborn phase, I've not neded noodles for my AOE. i LOVE my aoe..I prefer it, it's my favorite seat for ds. And we got on a LOT of trips..nearly every day, multiple placeas, and I can plunk him down, clip, clip, snap, pull..and we're done. all in, tight, less than a minute.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
See, I like my Uptown pretty well-- and wasn't too fond of the AOE.

But, no base, no armrests, and no belt guides and a 40 lb. RF limit that my kids can actually use will pretty much make me want to try this seat anyway. ;)

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Hmm, maybe I'll ask my neighbor if I can try out her AOE in my car is it like new ones or the old ones? Hers are the 40lb.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Uh, I think its like both, there is really not much of a shell difference in the two. It has no base and no armrests, that seems to be the difference.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Hmm, OK, so if I take a base-less AOE, and ignore the armrests, I'll have a good idea if I can get it installed... I was originally wanting it for DH's durango, but now I think I want the cool orange seat for me instead :) If only I can get it installed next to the Radian, and it won't mess up my front seat too bad.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Assuming it does end up being the same/similar shell, yeah, I'd say that would give you an idea. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC