Reflux and Laryngomalacia baby - what do you think of this?

ADS

Maedze

Dangerous and ridiculous.

You can't just willy-nilly stick a huge piece of foam in a car seat; that will affect the way it works. The baby is slumping over in the picture because the harness is incorrectly tightened. It also features a 'belly-clip' in the 'fixed' picture which shows how little the designer knows about car seat safety.

"Crash-tested" is meaningless. There is no regulation for the crash testing of after market products. I seriously doubt they got a NHTSA approved sled, got permission from every. single. car seat manufacturer to use this item with their seats, and then crash tested every. single. infant seat according to FMVSS specs on the sled.

scuby20

I figured it was a no go. The reason I'm interested in it isn't for the picture shown of the baby slumping over, but because of the concave shape the seat forces him to be in...and with his reflux and laryngomalacia it makes it hard for him to breath...I was just curious about it, though I was pretty sure it wasn't a cool thing to have.

o_mom

The Combi Cocorro has that foam as well. That might be a longer lasting option if you can get by without the infant seat. It (the foam) must be used up to 15 lbs and then can be used all the way up to 20 lbs.

morninglori

sorry the link didn't work. I'm bad at BB links sometimes.

if you go to carseatblog.com and search for chaperone on the blog search frame the first hit that comes up is Darrin's review dated June 12, 2009.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC