How much taller....

ADS

NannyMom

How much taller is the shell of the safeseat 1 than the snugride (22lb/29" model)?

Thanks! :D

according to carseatdata.org the SS1 has a 20 inch shell and the SR has a 17.5 inch shell.

It's hard to tell with a wiggly baby, but I swear BabyS looked to have the same above her head in the SR as she does in her SS1.

Shaunam

I'll find out tomorrow, I'm just impatient and can't wait. I tried DD in my friend's snugride and she had 1.5" above her head. I was surprised, honestly, since she's almost 2, but her growth has really been stunted. Well, I got to thinking that it would be really nice to have an infant seat because DD is SO hard to get in and out of the car because she's getting long and she's only getting floppier. Plus she's hooked up to her feed all the time now. So my friend is probably going to move her kiddo up to a rf'ing roundabout and let me borrow her SS1. :love: She's coming over tomorrow so I will get to see how much room she has. This is a temporary solution of course, but maybe it will make my life easier for a few months.

NannyMom

Hopefully it will work :) I just noticed recently that Sofi is right at the 1 inch point in the SS1 at 2 years 8.5 months. I wouldn't be surprised if your DD still fits. ANd maybe it'll support her better too?

Shaunam

Hopefully it will work :) I just noticed recently that Sofi is right at the 1 inch point in the SS1 at 2 years 8.5 months. I wouldn't be surprised if your DD still fits. ANd maybe it'll support her better too?

That's what I'm hoping. *Anything* is better than the EFTA. And at the very least, I won't be trying to wrestle her into the seat in a hot car, trying to not yank out her tube or whack her head. If I can get her situated comfortably in the house and THEN take her out to the car, I think it will be so much easier.

I've thought about it a hundred times but I never actually got a SS1 because I figured she'd outgrow it too quickly. But her growth has just hit a plateau so it will be fine *especially* since I'm just borrowing one and don't have to buy it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC