Is the Regent tether the same as the BV?

ADS

ajweeks

As far as I know, the tether recall was only for the BV. The tether is required for the Regent after 50 lbs. so not being able to use it would be a huge problem.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
The tether is required for use at 50# on the Regent because of the weight of the seat & based on crash testing -- the Boulevard passes Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards without the tether (as always, though, using it helps reduce head excursion)....

jenny03

It just seems likely to me that the tether hook would be the same on all of the seats. I would be really surprised if they made different tether hook attachments for each diff. seat? And if it is the same hook, that makes me nervous. I know it's technically better than not tethering, but the flying projectile risk is scary.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
It just seems likely to me that the tether hook would be the same on all of the seats. I would be really surprised if they made different tether hook attachments for each diff. seat? And if it is the same hook, that makes me nervous. I know it's technically better than not tethering, but the flying projectile risk is scary.

I don't think they are different but I have no idea if they are or are not. The thing is as there was a big talk about this on our CPS mailing list. Even with the top tether failing on the Boulevard in the date period of the recall. The seat actually did better safety wise. But, Under NHTSA requirements they made them recall the seat.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's not the tether breaking that's the problem, it's the seat slipping into recline when the tether breaks (a fine distinction, I know.....). The Regent doesn't have a recline position, so it can't slip into it. The BV has a heavier head-area assembly than other seats. The recall doesn't even affect all BV's... so no, no need to generalize from one seat to another, even though the part that appears to be the problem looks the same as every other seat.

cso1997

Since it is only some BV's, I seems to me like it is a "lot" of tether hooks that are defective. You know how when food is recalled, it is usually for all of the food made by that factory on a particular day. So, although all of the tether hooks look the same, they weren't all made on the same day. I am sure the recall only affects certain ones made on a certain day or certain week and they were only used on the BV. Thank goodness as it could have been a lot messier to sort out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC