i need booster help

my2kidsSafe

DD will be going to K in september and they have the drop off line. I have talked to some other moms who have mentioned that the teachers don't do carseats well. I have tried numerous times to teach dd how to snap her harness and she can get the buckle. We only live about 5 minutes from the school so i was thinking of booster training dd back and forth to school. I would put her regent in the 3rd row of the van and use that when we go other places but to go to and from school use a booster.

She is 46.5 lbs, 44 inches and approximately a 15 inch torso.

I was hoping for something i could latch but i will take all suggestions. As of right now for listing purposes budget is not an option.

also adding an additional question. What would you find more important the latchable or the antisubmarining on the parkway SG

Last edited:
ADS

mommaon112903

The SK Monterey is a LATCHable booster and we :love: ours! We bought ours for $110 thru Babycatalog.com when they were on sale a few months ago. I *think* they are retailing for around $140 now however.

Josef is starting K also this year and will be in a booster full time after his sixth b-day (he is outgrowing his Regent and begging for a booster in my car). There are not any buses at our school since it is a private school, so the drop-off/pick-up line moves slowly thanks to the teacher actually bringing the kiddos to the car. I will man-handle his Regent to the center of my Accord since it is easier for me to help him than when it is outboard. The Monterey is a cinch to buckle for adults, Josef is still having *some* problems but honestly I think that is because of where the buckle stalk is in relation to the booster.

I think booster training at your daughter's age and weight is perfect! Those short 5minute trips are a GREAT way to start!

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
The Oobr and Monterey are the only dedicated high back boosters that LATCH.

FWIW, 5 minutes away by car could be an hour walk around here - we have some streets with a 55MPH speed limit...

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I can't answer that added question for you... for a long time now, we've been taught that submarining was only a major risk under 40 pounds OR with an improperly fitting lap belt, now the Parkway SG has a 40 pound minimum which has confused a lot of us who thought the SG would be great for a 30 pound 6 year old for example... Does Britax know something we don't know about kids greater than 40 pounds being at risk for submarining?

LATCHable boosters are safer in SIP crashes (I think flexible too, but definitely the rigid LATCH), you also don't need to remember to buckle them when no one is riding in them.

mommaon112903

Like Gyspy stated, Britax has us really :confused: now, and I agree do they know something we do not?

I :love: the "deepness" and LATCHability of the Monterey the new SG does not have either one of them YET they have the anti-submarining buckle. I also like the colors better on the SK Monterey than the SG, but hubby likes the SG better than the Monterey. Guess whose car needs a booster-mine!

Josef has fallen to 38lbs after being at 42lbs for a while, he has not gained back those last four pounds yet (he was down to 35 for a while :eek:) If there is STRONG evidence that the anti-sub clip is useful for children over 40lbs I would be HIGHLY inclined to buy a SG instead of Monterey for my car. Right now he will be getting another Monterey in my car though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC