Question A little advice....Trip Coming up, What Seat?

babygirlsmom1005

Problem Solved, my DS's TFP showed up a few mins ago!!!!

OK so my DD has been RF'ing since this past weekend in a Cosco Scerena. We are leaving for a trip this weekend to Houston (4-5 hour drive, maybe more since we'll have to stop so I can nurse Marshall and let the dogs out to pee - and yes, my pups have restraints as well and they'll go into the 3rd row seats). I asked her today if she wanted me to put the Frontier back in for the trip or if she wanted to be rear facing for it. She said she wanted to be rear facing.

On a side note, she's getting a cavity filled that morning before we leave, so she'll be groggy from the drugs they are going to be giving her, so I can totally se RF'ing her for the trip for that reason alone. My neice is coming with us and is in a MA (a 33 lbs one - darn if it was the 35 lbs one, problem would be solved, DD RF'ing in the MA and Neice FF in the Frontier - she's 38 lbs, she wanted to ride RF'ing and I weighed her today and told her it was a no go because she was over the limit - but it couldn't be that easy....). I'm not worried about room, so far every 3 across I've done has fit indepently in my 92 suburban.

I am OK with the Cosco Scerena for around town short trips, it doesn't bother me, but for a long trip I just feel uneasy about her being in it. I know, as far as we all know, it could possiably be the safest seat out there, but the lack of ESP/Side Impact Protection, etc....just has me uneasy about traveling to another city so far away.

So here are the options:

- Suck it up and keep her RF'ing in the Cosco Scerena for the trip

- Put the Frontier back in

- Pick up my DD's Recaro Como from the grandparents and put something else in their truck in case they have to get my nephew for the trip (I have a Graco TurboBooster that my nephew has ridden in before, though he is 5 1/2 he has to constantly be reminded to sit correctly, etc.....and I'm not sure if they would be up to that "if" they did have to go and get him. I am hesitant about letting them use the Frontier because of eating, drinking, velcro shoes, etc....and I'm a little nuts about my covers - plus my DD has food allergies and I don't want to be trying to get spilled milk out of a seat cover - and how their kept :eek: plus he's known to dig into things and tear them up, with the mesh cover, that's a no go).

So what would you do?

ETA: if my TFP would just show up before hand, that would solve a lot of this :whistle: but it's not due to ship out for another week to week and a half

Last edited:
ADS

Maedze

I'm a little confused about the dilemma :eek: probably because it's one in the morning and I no longer have reading comprehension.

I can assure you, however, that a rearfacing seat that a child is within the height and weight restrictions for will ALWAYS be safer than a forward facing seat, even if the FF seat is ritzy Britax and the RF seat is a lowly Scenera.

babygirlsmom1005

I'm a little confused about the dilemma :eek: probably because it's one in the morning and I no longer have reading comprehension.

I can assure you, however, that a rearfacing seat that a child is within the height and weight restrictions for will ALWAYS be safer than a forward facing seat, even if the FF seat is ritzy Britax and the RF seat is a lowly Scenera.

LOL I guess I'm complanting going to get the Recaro back from my parents instead of using the Scerena for the trip....That's OK, my typing above is really jumbled thoughts coming out on a keyboard o_O so I can totally understand the confusion (oh and the mis-spelled words, please ignore all of those :eek:).

My DH keeps pointing to the Frontier like - hey, we just bought that, why isn't she in it?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC