Britax Advocate CS car seat

mommy

Will this seat give any more room in the leg area then the MA? Or is basically the same seat with more padding? This seat goes to 35 RF too right??

ADS

Maedze

It's the same shell as the Marathon. It will last a shorter amount of time forward facing due to the head wings.

That seat is hugely over priced and pretty ridiculous :twocents:

If you want a quality product that will last a long time, the Advocate is not it. The First Years True Fit will last substantially longer rear and forward facing, has more room for legs and costs less.

Last edited:

mommy

Iam not loving my true fit actually (as I said in another post....cant get pics right now to show but will when I can!).
My little guy is really skinny but his legs are getting long and I would love to find a seat that will give a little more room in that area.
What other seats besides the true fit will give more leg room RF? He is 3 RF and is only about 24 pounds!! I dint care if we have to buy another seat or anything like that later on.

BW1426

The True Fit and Radian offer the most RFing leg room imo. Britax convertibles don not offer good leg room for ERFers.

Maedze

The True Fit is probably tied for 'best rearfacing leg room' with the Radian.

Are you concerned about the way he folds his legs/drapes them/props them? Because that's normal and very comfortable for a kid.

mommy

The True Fit is probably tied for 'best rearfacing leg room' with the Radian.

Are you concerned about the way he folds his legs/drapes them/props them? Because that's normal and very comfortable for a kid.

He is just starting to fuss alot about going into his seat and I think its because his legs are getting long. I know its ok for them to be bent and so on Iam just thinking if he had more room he might be a little happier :)

Iam also in the market for a seat since I gave my safeseat away and now miss it :( My baby is 14 months and about 24 pounds and so I was going to give him his big brothers MA and get big brother a new seat!!

momto2princes

I would have to vote Radian XT. I had an MA and just recently switched. I LOVE it! :love: and so does DS. Added perk is the higher RF limit the XT goes to 35lbs the MA is just to 30.

2BunniesMommy

He is just starting to fuss alot about going into his seat and I think its because his legs are getting long. I know its ok for them to be bent and so on Iam just thinking if he had more room he might be a little happier :)

Iam also in the market for a seat since I gave my safeseat away and now miss it :( My baby is 14 months and about 24 pounds and so I was going to give him his big brothers MA and get big brother a new seat!!

At 14 months old, I think he is fussing because he doesn't want to be strapped down, not because he is not comfortable. Very normal for that age and you just have to get through it. I think sticking with the plan of passing down the MA and getting big brother a new seat is a good idea because I am pretty sure if you spend money on another seat for baby, he will still fight.

mommy

At 14 months old, I think he is fussing because he doesn't want to be strapped down, not because he is not comfortable. Very normal for that age and you just have to get through it. I think sticking with the plan of passing down the MA and getting big brother a new seat is a good idea because I am pretty sure if you spend money on another seat for baby, he will still fight.

Its actually big brother that is fussing in the seat :) He is 3 ;) Sorry for the confusion :):)

mommycat

I might chalk up 3yr old fussing to being, um, 3. (The age when biddable kids turn into imps from hell - boundary pushing and all. :p Is he acting out in other situations as well?)

The best way to determine what the issue is might be to ask him why he doesn't like his seat - is he capable of telling you, or at least saying yes/no reliably to your suggestions of what might be the matter? It might be something else that is bothering him.

I don't know if you mentioned elsewhere, but how reclined do you have his seat? At that age, he might be happier less reclined (as little as 30* from vertical in most seats, 35* for the TrueFit, as opposed to the newborn 45* degree angle). Putting his seat more upright will decrease his leg room but if it's the angle that is his issue, it shouldn't matter.

Also, I just thought I would mention the new models of the Dorel 3in1s (DOM after Dec 23, 2008, I believe, but check the stickers), which now RF to 35 lbs and FF to 50 lbs, with top slots about as tall as the TF (and a 50lb limit but your son is light). I wouldn't plan on using this seat as a booster as they tend to fit most kids poorly, but for a RF seat, I quite liked my old ones. You could try it out just to investigate all the options. My son RF in one of the old model AOEs until he was just shy of 30 lbs, he was about 2.5yo and I think about 35in (head was still at least an inch from the top of the shell).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC