I made a differance :)

babygirlsmom1005

Today I was at Wal-Mart with my Mike (my DH), Madeline, Marshall and my neice Alice (she's with us for 2 weeks). We happened to be passing by the baby section and I see this little girl and her dad and he's grabbing a backless booster to put into his cart. I go over to him and ask if this is for her and he said yes, and then asked if this was not the correct seat for her? I asked him how old she was and roundabout weight and he said she's 4 and 35 lbs. (I thinks he may have been smaller than 35 lbs, she looked a lot smaller than my daughter who is 33 lbs - but anywho) I explained about boosters and the submarining effect, also about maturity level of the child being able to stay awake on car rides, stay still, etc....and he agreeded she was no where close to that and that was something he had never thought of before.

He asked my recommendation and I pointed him towards the GN that they had there. He asked what my kids ride and I told him what was in the truck (Cosce Scerena RF for my DD - 3 years 8 months the shocked look on his face that I had her turned around backwards was priceless - I also told him she had a Britax Frontier, Britax Marathon FF for my Neice - 3 years 10 months and Britax Companion for DS). He asked if he should be looking for a Britax and I explained to him that all car seats have to pass the same saftey standards, etc...and the right seat was one that fit his child, vehicle and budget. His daughter said she really liked the GN and he ended up getting it (or I assume he did, I saw him put it in his cart). I also suggested he contact a CPST (find one online) to make sure his carseats were installed properly and he agreeded about doing that to check all 3 of them.

He thanked me, shook my husbands hand and we parted ways. I was so happy I was able to make a differance and hopefully keep another LO safe on the road that wasn't even mine!!!

ADS

babygirlsmom1005

Cool! :thumbsup: You never know how receptive people are going to be to that sort of unsolicited advice.

I know, I usually don't say anything but this little girl was very very small and he did look a bit confused looking at all the seats. I was a little worried, I think what made me brave was DH was there with me incase I did encounter someone that would do the flipping out thing.

momofmandp

I think that's great! :thumbsup:

I wish I had your courage to say something to a stranger. I once saw someone getting a booster for a 23lber, but I just didn't have the guts to say anything. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC