Radian xt vs truefit premier

skylinphoto

So, let's be hypothetical for a minute.

Let's say that both the RN XT and TFP fit your RFing (later FFing ..obviously) child, vehicle, and budget perfectly and equally.

Which would you buy and why?

What features you do like on each seat? What seat is more comfy? Would you rather have the ARB or rf tethering ability? Do you prefer the headwings on the xt or the overall encompassing sides of the TF?

:)

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
TFP. The wings on the XT are nice but too high for little RF'ers. I'd prefer ARB to RF tether, as well.

firemomof3

Radian XT without question! For rfing, I'd say they are about equal. But ff I think the XT is better :twocents:
I don't like the crotch strap on the TF with bigger kids, its too short. I love how my dd1 sleeps much more comfortably in the XT, she rests her head against the wings w/o any head slump :love:

bubbaray

I really like the RN, especially for an older child. It has higher top slots than the MA (my DD#1 still fits and would probably fit for another year, she's been out of the MA for nearly a year now). It has a nice low profile so older kids can climb in by themselves really easy.

I have "regular" RNs, but if I were buying now, I'd get the XT.

I've never felt the love for the TF. I particularly don't like where the harness adjuster is when it is RFg, that would drive me nuts.

DahliaRW

I would do the radian because it will last longer ffing. And because I love my 65, and figure the xt is even better!

zeo2ski

Personally my kids have no trouble climbing ANYTHING and carseats are no exception, so I don't weigh that when deciding. But if that's important to you it is definitely something to consider.

For YOUR kids Skylin, I'd go with the TrueFit for the extra RF height since you'll almost surely be maxing height before weight.

I'd prefer ARB but do buy seats with RF tethering capacity and use it--and have no plans to replace any of those seats with a TFP just for the ARB/tether difference.

But I do like wings that are close to the head better than the wide TF on small children, and of course they're better for sleeping but eh, I think the ARB/tether decision weighs more heavily than that since there are remedies.

Since the RN would get you farther FFing height wise, if your guys did outgrow the TF earlier than you'd like would you want to buy another harnessed seat then, or do you want this to be it until boosters?

skylinphoto

Since the RN would get you farther FFing height wise, if your guys did outgrow the TF earlier than you'd like would you want to buy another harnessed seat then, or do you want this to be it until boosters?

I wouldn't have a prob buying another harnessed seat if needed. But, I think either the RN or TF would get my kiddos to a good booster age cause they're so tiny. lol.

I'm leaning towards the truefit..but, hubby really really really likes the RN xt. It's a tough one. lol.

This would be for my 3 yr old. He's in the Cosco Scenera right now and the baby's in the Signo because ds didn't have enough legroom in the Signo rfing. Duh. And dh (and me..) doesn't feel comfy with a rfing 30lb 3 yr old in a flimsy Scenera full time.

bthane23

I have never even touched a Radian...so I cant tell you anything about that carseat. We just got the TFP and I put my almost 3 year old (29lbs..height coming soon...she is napping) and my 5 1/2 year old (49lbs ...also napping...sorry..but she is tall) in the TFP just to see what it was like. I really like how that carseat fits them! I have pictures but I cant figure out how to upload them. I bought this for our baby that is due any time now...but I had to see what it would hold for his future. Im very impressed with this carseat. I will add I am a former Britax snob. The girls ride in a Marathon and Regent..I do love them. I never thought I would love the TFP but I really really do! Also, for us..we drive a Town and Country. My oldest dd is in her regent in the middle of the back seat. My youngest dd is on the passenger side bucket seat of the middle row rear facing in her Marathon. It is rear tetherd so its hard to get in and out. If we would have went with the Radian (our other choice), it would be hard for my oldest to get in and out. With the ARB, its very easy for her to walk around that carseat and get into hers. That was another reason we decided to go with the TFP. Not sure if any of that helps.. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC