My newborn in 3 convertibles

christineka

Dd slept enough for me to go fix up our 3 convertibles for her. Sometime later I have to go put them back. The radian crotch buckle is a pain to move! I've got pictures, but I won't have them on the computer for a week or so probably.

Dd was 7.5 pounds on Tuesday, so I figure she's back to 8 pounds today. She's 21 inches long and 8 days old.

First seat was the evenflo tribute. (no padding) Tightened all the way it fit just right. Shoulders were even with the bottom slot (7 inches) and the harness was comfy tight.

Next was the radian. I put in all the comfy padding, tightened the straps all the way, and they were too loose. Shoulders were close to the bottom slots, though they went up and over the body support pillow.

Last she sat in the avenue. The straps tightened all the way with the puffy strap covers and head padding were just perfect. (Probably too loose without.) Shoulders were about an inch or so below the strap slots. Oh, and with a pyramid of pool noodles the line on the seat is not level to the ground, so not sure if this seat can be 45 degrees or not.

Last edited:
ADS

christineka

The tribute.
babytribute.jpg

The Radian
babyradian.jpg

The Avenue (I know I should have removed the strap covers, but didn't think of that till after redoing the harness twice to get the head support pillow on.)
babyavenue.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC