Infant Pads... How long did you use them?

wyomommyx3

So I'm between a MA/RA 50 and a True Fit for baby. We have a Graco Safeseat, so by the way he is growing, he will be at least a year b/4 he's too big.

That said, how long did your LO's use the infant padding (On a TF or BV??)

I don't know if he will even need it, and it that's the case, I can get a great deal on a girly MA, giving DD a back-up cover, and use my All-Star cover for baby :whistle:

My DH would die if he knew I was back to obsessing over seats. :rolleyes:

ADS

Maedze

The infant seat padding MUST be removed on the True Fit at 22 pounds.

On the Boulevard, there is no requirement, however, the average one year old will not be comfortable with that *thing* in there.

calihannah

The BLVD padding is similar to the Decathlon padding, I believe, and we had the infant padding in the DC until DD was 14mo or so. She was 90th percentile height and 50th percentile weight and still seemed to be swimming in the seat without the padding until around that age. In retrospect, though, I could have taken it out about a month sooner and she would have been fine.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The infant seat padding MUST be removed on the True Fit at 22 pounds.

I'd like to clarify that there is a height requirement to the infant insert for the True Fit as well. For the regular True Fit (model 630), the padding should be removed as soon as the baby's shoulders reach the bottom harness slots or if the baby weighs above 22 lbs. For the the new True Fit Premier (model 670 with the anti-rebound bar), there's no weight requirement for the insert, but it should be removed when the baby's shoulders reach the bottom harness slots.

Maedze

I'd like to clarify that there is a height requirement to the infant insert for the True Fit as well. For the regular True Fit (model 630), the padding should be removed as soon as the baby's shoulders reach the bottom harness slots or if the baby weighs above 22 lbs. For the the new True Fit Premier (model 670 with the anti-rebound bar), there's no weight requirement for the insert, but it should be removed when the baby's shoulders reach the bottom harness slots.

Good to know...

I'm a little confused, though...the insert can only be used for children who technically don't fit in the seat :confused:

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's officially called a "height insert" and at least the one on the TFP is much thicker on the bottom than it is on the back and sides, so it boosts the child up to the bottom slots. It's a booster within the convertible :p.

Maedze

What's that bottom strap height like without the insert? In other words, how likely would it be that a very young infant would technically be too 'tall' for the infant insert?

It seems silly...the seat isn't very padded without that nice squashy thing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC