Decisions, decisions...

tiggercat

So, I was just going to borrow a well trusted friend's front adjust snugride, but it looks like her parents have offered it to her sister who is also due in Aug (long story, and I don't trust her sister anyway, LOL).

So, I need to get a carseat! I'd like an infant seat, even though it's a bit of a waste for us since I have big babies (so far 10lb 2oz and 9lbs 15oz). It will probably be installed in the Caravan ('02) with base, and the Camry ('03) with or without base in a 3 across with a FF RN XT and maybe an Oto for Greg if I can find one. Must be available in Canada.

The little voice in my ear says "get a keyfit!", but I just don't think I can stomach the cost for a 22lb seat. So that leaves me with what, a SS1?

ADS

featherhead

Hmm, that's tough. I love my Keyfit. Selah was so tiny, she could have fit till at least 18 months. But Kezi turned out to be quite a bit bigger. She is already almost 14 lbs, and quite long too. So she won't last nearly as long as I had hoped. If you do get a Keyfit you could sell it once you are done with it.

What about a Combi? They are cheaper than the Keyfit. I've never seen one IRL, but online they look pretty nice.

tiggercat

I've never seen a Combi in person either! Aren't they only available with the travel system? I don't want one of those, I'll carry baby until s/he is big enough for my MacLarens (one reclines pretty well).

andre149

Can you get the Keyfit 30 in Canada? I would go with either that or the Snugride 32 given that your babes are pretty big at birth. I'm not sure about availability in Canada though...

canadiangie

http://www.dearbornbaby.com/home.php?cat=52

That page has both the KF and SR32 for $199 with free shipping.

http://www.tjskids.com/graco-infant-seat-snugride-milan-p-919.html

That's a front harness adjust SR in Milan for $129 plus I think $18 shipping.

http://www.tjskids.com/graco-infant-seat-safeseat-ionic-8a06incca-p-914.html

That's a SS1 for $149 plus I think $18 shipping?

FWIW, I had the Combi Centre DX and it was okay. Not amazing, and probablt not worth the $180+ they go for these days.

I have also had a front adjust SR and SS1, and they are both nice, for different reasons of course, but if I had to choose I guess I'd pick the SS1 for longevity and ease of install.

tiggercat

Can you get the Keyfit 30 in Canada? I would go with either that or the Snugride 32 given that your babes are pretty big at birth. I'm not sure about availability in Canada though...

No, as of right now we just have the KF 22.

emandbri

I do adore the keyfit but I was happy with Elizabeth's safe seat. The only issue I had was that around 8 months old she didn't have much staps left which made it harder to get her in and out. It wasn't a problem I once I moved the straps to the next slots. She was very chunky! LOL

3plus2isme

I'm trying to decide the exact same thing!

I reallllly want a keyfit... but last DS was 20lbs at just under 4 months... and over 30lbs at a year... so it'll be such a "waste"... But one of our vehicles is a civic and I just don't know if I can get 3 across with a SS1 or snugride 32... We know we can do FF MA, FF radian and a keyfit (tried it out yesterday) but I didn't try a graco... it has huge handle bar knobs that I'm afraid will push into the middle riders spot!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC